Souldbeast Tank (PVE)?

lagrimabendita.8763

Hi

Well maybe I am absolutely wrong and creazy but after reading a lot of different posts, everyone is going to go as SoulBeast power or condition.

Do you think is not possible to go as tank (PVE)? There are a lot of traits to go as tank apart of give good buff to the party

I was thinking a PVE tank build but I am very shame to share it with you guys because I can only see dps post.

Does anyone go to try the tank side of souldbeast (PVE)?

Thanks

There's really no need to run tanky in PvE. At HoT start a lot of people ran out and bought tankier gear because they thought the maps where so hard to deal with. if you where to ask most people now they're all running dps gear on those maps. sometimes it just takes some time to learn the content and area but killing things as fast as possible is always optimal, the more dps you do the less damage you take.

@Prophet.1584 said:There's really no need to run tanky in PvE. At HoT start a lot of people ran out and bought tankier gear because they thought the maps where so hard to deal with. if you where to ask most people now they're all running dps gear on those maps. sometimes it just takes some time to learn the content and area but killing things as fast as possible is always optimal, the more dps you do the less damage you take.

Actually what HoT taught us is not to run defensive gears, but to promote us to actually run defensive trait line.Before HoT, I never try Nature Magic cuz I don't think it's really needed.After HoT I almost always have Nature Magic with me when roaming, and also help me discover great pet+ boon stacking build I'm running right now.I can solo many Champions, and sometimes Legendary too , while still doing good power damage so each foes won't take ages to kill too.

I have all 9 professions fully geared, and HoT taught me to find a balance between offensive and defensive traits.ALL of my 9 professions are running offensive gears, but they never have problem in HoT or LS3 maps because I took my time to trying out a good balance between offensive and defensive trait/ utility selection.

I do agree that adding a bit of Vitality on thief. elementalist and guardian to increase the margin of error from being one-shot can be a life saver though.

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:Hi

Well maybe I am absolutely wrong and creazy but after reading a lot of different posts, everyone is going to go as SoulBeast power or condition.

Do you think is not possible to go as tank (PVE)? There are a lot of traits to go as tank apart of give good buff to the party

I was thinking a PVE tank build but I am very shame to share it with you guys because I can only see dps post.

Thanks

It's a Terrible idea to introduce and have traits available for everyone then have someone else tell you that it is not viable. Last time I check they are still optional.

If you have by now continue to learn the content and profession so you can Play How You Want don't let others tell you other wise.How you play should not be dictated by some of these commits that insist that you should only go all DPS.

@Rhanoa.3960 said:

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:Hi

Thanks

It's a Terrible idea to introduce and have traits available for everyone then have someone else tell you that it is not viable. Last time I check they are still optional.

If you have by now continue to learn the content and profession so you can
Play How You Want
don't let others tell you other wise.How you play should not be dictated by some of these commits that insist that you should only go all DPS.

It's not that it is not viable, it just takes an inordinate amount of time to kill anything and is actually more difficult because the longer it takes, the more 1-shot mechanics you are exposed to. You are better off learning the mechanics and using dodges and evades with some defensive traits while still running DPS gear to kill things as fast as possible.

That said, tanks are used in raiding and while Soulbeast does have some good potential as a tank, it does not bring the same utility as a chronotank, sadly. You're going to need a Druid for GotL, so Soulbeast will likely be left out in the cold for raiding as well, unless power damage is buffed by 50%, then perhaps.

For WvW, tank away.

Basically what aomine said. Like during the pof beta, I ran what I think the meta viper soul beast will be but I swapped flame trap for qz and swapped poison master for wilderness knowledge. Life steal on poison added up when using poison trap. Stun break and plenty of condi clear, still decent damage. Didn't need tank gear while learning new enemy tells.

The only place I could see sb tank being meta are very niche raid tank builds. This won't replace the main chrono tank. Like rune of soul beast off-tank that can adjust toughness on the fly. Lynx and dps rotation as normal. Swapping from a dps pet to black bear then merging to get ~400 toughness fast to reposition/aggro bosses temporarily. Would require a bosses to be designed differently. Like if for some reason a boss had an attack that distortion evade and block couldn't stop but unflinching fortitude/ endure pain could... This is a stretch though. Maybe the boss needs to be repositioned faster than the chrono can consistently move: sb gets in position, merge to change aggro, boss teleports to sb and stands in some aoe that breaks it's armor (think Mai trin mechanics for example) while sb uses endure pain. Sb exits merge and boss returns to chrono. All this is super specific imagination and unlikely to happen.

All that said, I have tanked as a minstrel druid before when both chronos in my guild didn't feel up to it. You can tank if you want. Just depends on the group. Would never recommend in open world.

Archived