Armor Acquisiton

Wentworth.6901

I'm looking for advice on how to get some armor. I'm trying to get a grieving set and a celestial set, and I'm pretty sure the only way to do this is crating (correct me if I'm wrong please). Any advice on the best way to do this? I've so far bought some exotic armor on the tp, but you of course can't get these stats there. I don't have ascended armor yet. Should I just be looking to go ascended for this? Is it even possible to do these 2 not ascended? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I don't recommend acquiring the grieving set. Celestial armor on the other hand is an excellent choice for wvw.

The easiest way to obtain celestial armor are armor boxes or items that let you choose stats, such as the weaver's antipodes and the weaver's sword. If I'm not mistaken, you're also rewarded with some of these boxes by doing the Path of Fire storyline. To get the remaining armor, I recommend picking up an easy to play meta build for pvp (scourge, spellbreaker) and repeat the glorious reward track doing unranked games. At the end of the reward track, you get the glorious armor box where you can choose celestial stats. You can check out the Guild Wars 2 wiki for further information and metabattle.com for pvp builds.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Reward_Track

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment_acquisition_by_stats#Other

https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki

Craft it and/or do fractals for the armor. It's the hardest part, though they only give you a 5% advantage. Celestial can be acquired with exotic stats, but I would recommend ascended. The trinkets are rather easy to get, either do the season 2 maps for them or use laurels/guild commendations for the trinkets. Laurels you get from daily login rewards and guild commendations by doing guild missions.

Fractal drop quite a lot of ascended loot boxes compared to other content, but it takes time to build up and you won't get a lot of the real stuff like chest plate or pants. That's why I would recommend doing crafting. There are some guides to get to 500. It takes time. 400 is easy though.

Anyway, starting from scratch it takes some time. But you'll get there eventually. I am just happy, I grew with the game and don't have to do all that stuff again :wink:

So I'm going to get an ascended celestial set from laurels, crafting, and fractals. Between all those it shouldn't take too long to get it all, I have some laurels saved up, some fractal currencies, and my crafting is at 410. It just seems to make sense to go for the ascended, it seems it would be a waste to go exotic as I'd eventually want an ascended as well. Thanks for the advice everyone! I'll probably wait awhile on Grieving, as I wanted to use it for Sword weaver, but I think Celestial will work well, as I've been having some trouble with survivability at such close range anyway, and it takes advantage of the hybrid nature of Sword Weaver and its healing skills. Excited to really get into end game content!

Archived