One Wolf Pack Does Twice as Much Damage When Shared With Pets

When the Soulbeast elite skill One Wolf Pack is shared with a pet, it will do about twice as much damage as it is supposed to be doing whenever the pet attacks with the buff.

lcWW9Wn.jpg

Notice, in this screenshot I hit the golem with the first skill of my sword auto chain. One wolf pack crits for nearly 1k damage from me. I then have my pet use Takedown, and his One Wolf Pack deals 2.3k damage. Also note that, I shared One Wolf Pack with my pet when I had approximately 2500 power. The Juvenile Smokescale has a base power level of 1,674, so this cannot be an issue of One Wolf Pack scaling with the power level of the recipient instead of the giver, for if that were the case then my Smokescale would be doing less damage than me with One Wolf Pack.

Here's a video example of me abusing it using other buffs as well. https://i.imgur.com/gl3eBMo.gifv

I am probably the only person in the game aware of this bug, and the only person who abuses it as well, but I am reporting it because it is a bug nonetheless.

• 6 months later...

For me it's the other way around --->

While I am in beastmode and use the "One Wolf Pack" stance the F3 ability initially hits 6-7k.

When I am not using OWP while still in BM I only hit like 3k with F3.

And yes I was a bit buffed. But still more than twice the damage!

I don't know though if it is a bug or not. Maby it's intended or not. Only the developers can answer that...

Are you all not curious? Would be fun to try all the pets in beastmode to see which skills do the most damage. ^^

3khttps://i.imgur.com/B7xIedE.gifv7khttps://i.imgur.com/0NJfP12.gifv

@"PhObLife.8370" said:For me it's the other way around --->

While I am in beastmode and use the "One Wolf Pack" stance the F3 ability initially hits 6-7k.

I don't know though if it is a bug or not. Maby it's intended or not. Only the developers can answer that...

Are you all not curious? Would be fun to try all the pets in beastmode to see which skills do the most damage. ^^

You are comparing a non-crit to a crit ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"PhObLife.8370" said:For me it's the other way around --->

You are comparing a non-crit to a crit ...

There is no way for me to control crit and normal damage as I am fully glass-cannon build. Have high crit chance and ferocity.

What I was pointing out was that without OWP it is always at around 3k. 6-7k might be crit but I only achieve that by getting into beastmode.

If I am fully buffed I deal somewhere 12-14k DPS with torch using "Hunter's Call" just like with rapidfire but the latter beeing 15-16k DPS. Ofcourse RF is much stronger specially at closer range.

But that was not the point. I tried to be as little buffed as possible without stripping everything. All stripped I would not even reach 3k normal nor 6-7k crit.

I could not see in the video clip OP provided if it was crit or not. Most likely it was.

His variant was OWP shared with pet means his pet is out. Mine was not. He pointed also out that he gained effectively double damage. So did I but in a different way. Both of us using One Wolf Pack except I am using it with beastmode activated.

He is using sword in main hand and warhorn in offhand. I use axe insted in main hand as I think it is easier that way in PvE because of many ranged attacks. Secondary weapon for me is longbow. I don't know about his secondary because the clip doesn't show.

I don't see how this could be a bug as double damage is nothing new in GW2. Fully buffed you could do way more than 2x times. ^^ Atleast in PvE.

As for PvP I don't know much becasuse I hardly play it at all. I play almost entirely in PvE and have done so ever since beta 1 of GW2.

I didn't explain thoroughly enough earlier so sorry about that. I tried to keep it as short as possible but my explanation became extensive...

Archived