Impossible Odds

When using this skill, there is a slow movement interval. The interval isn't consistent but def there. Hit a creature, use IO, see the super speed but then it slows movement by 50% as if crippled then goes to super speed then slow movement to 50%, wash, rinse repeat. Sometimes the super speed will not activate but will still see the animation (green wave flurries). Happens at random intervals. It didn't do this until the Feb 6, 2018 update. I was killed by an arrow cart because the super speed didn't kick in but the slow movement did, no energy left for Riposting Shadows to remove cripple, and the nerf to phase traversal range check didn't allow me to shadow step out of it haha. First time I was killed by a ***damn arrow cart and I'm a wvw mythril assaulter. So embarrassing. Please fix.

I first noticed it in wvw. Our Zerg was in combat. I cast IO and expected to zoom by everyone. Nope. So there are two bugs: 1) super speed doesn’t always execute even though you will see the green flurry effect, 2) when it executes, movement speed fluctuates from fast to slow to fast to slow etc.

I just tested it again when I logged in. Didn’t expect a champ bounty boss to be beside me. Popped IO and saw the speed fluctuations. To be clear, the slow animation is not like the cripple animation. It’s about the slow movement as if time is halved moving at slo mo. Odd. Name fits.

If anyone wants to conduct and obvious test, run side by side with an ally or be near each other running to the same objective. Everyone runs at the same speed. The distance and pace between you and your ally is the same. Don’t enter combat. A simple race. Your ally doesn’t zig zag or use mobility skills or anything, just hit R to run. Now pop IO. Boom, you are now slower than your ally yet you are the one using super speed. It certainly isn’t supposed to make you slower. It was fine before the update.

I only just got around to testing it to see what was being said here. It looks like you get alternating superspeed and base movement, occasionally a full second of base movement despite showing superspeed icon.

I'm not seeing the restricted movement but if it is more intermittent/random for that to happen I'm not likely to see that on a quick test.

Archived