Luck Eater

Anet, please give us a luck eater, increase the cap beyond 300, or give us worthwhile recipes that require luck. Being able to buy red lanterns for the guild hall is cool and was a start, but after you've bought so many and scribed all of the items you wanted from them, there really is no other use for luck. I think many veteran players reached the cap long ago and are probably just deleting the luck they get from salvages. That's not much fun. I'm not suggesting a get rich solution, but something that makes it fun or useful. Even a gamble such as the ecto would be better than the "salvage/delete" cycle.

I can't wait to have your problem. I've been playing pretty much daily for 2 years and am at 157%. While it would be nice to have some use for luck once you're capped - it's also nice to be capped and just be at liberty to trash luck. When you have everything, you don't need anything. I don't think it's realistic to expect to continue benefiting forever.

@Biff.5312 said:I can't wait to have your problem. I've been playing pretty much daily for 2 years and am at 157%. While it would be nice to have some use for luck once you're capped - it's also nice to be capped and just be at liberty to trash luck. When you have everything, you don't need anything. I don't think it's realistic to expect to continue benefiting forever.

I remember those feelings. Cherish the time before 300%. :)

@Biff.5312 You'll get there. True, it is maybe asking a lot to get continuing benefits from luck, if you really get any in the first place. But I'd rather have it where essence of luck simply stopped dropping than to still get it only to delete it. With an eater at least you could get junk items making luck worth something once you've capped. Can only make use of so many red lanterns which you can only get from luck during the lunar new year.

While only a select number of players have that issue, what would you suggest a luck eater do?How would you theory craft it to work and act?

I myself would only let it eat the top tier luck. That said, should top tier be that which is craftable (200), or the non (currently) craftable legendary (500).So lets keep the code simple, and say the 200. Five 200 will be needed to feed the eater. (maybe more?) So what would you get in return for feeding it? More "junk" like we have the the trio (dust, crystal, stone)? Maybe a magic find buff that stacks with other buffs? Something new? New... how about Luck converts into tier X material of bone, scales, totem, etc?

What sort of event/quest would you setup to gain such an eater? Gemstore instead perhapes like the Halloween candy corn gobbler?

Archived