Why did staff get nerfed again in PvE?

Sodeni.6041

Finally staff did well in PvE and it was fun to run it but they have already heavily reduced bleeding damage, burning and torment.

I guess those changes were good for PvP but why PvE?

Edit: Patchnotes

• Winds of Chaos: Reduced bleeding duration from 7 seconds to 4 seconds. Fixed a bug that caused clones using this skill to inflict vulnerability instead of torment. Reduced torment duration from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

• Chaos Vortex: Readjusted condition application on this skill to apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds, 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds, and 1 stack of torment for 8 seconds. Fixed a bug that allowed this attack to hit the same target multiple times.

@"Axl.8924" said:Did i miss something? why was condi mesmer nerfed?

I was leveling my mesmer listening around because one person was asking around and i was told go power mesmer if i go chronomancer.What happened? why was condi mes crushed?

They made confusion completely useless in PvE because they changed it from a damage-over-time condition to basically only do damage when attacking which is a huge problem in PvE because mobs attack not that often and dodge/evade a lot. They changed confusion 6 months ago to a damage-over-time condition because of those reasons but they changed it back for whatever reason which is just not okay.

To "fix" mirage they changed axe confusion to torment which is very cheap and removes a lot of the mesmer's flavour and identity. Also, that doesn't adress the issue that there are still a lot of other skill among all classes that do confusion damage which do not get adressed.

So then basically they have to change the whole thing? WOW what a mess, thats going to take a lot of changes to make condi mesmer good again.

There is still hope though, as you guys are one of the favorites along with warriors and eles and guardians of Anet.Me thinks they won't leave you guys in the dust, since a lot of people play mesmer.

So what application would confuse be more useful then? pvp?.Sounds like it would be heavily useful for pvp.

@Axl.8924 said:So then basically they have to change the whole thing? WOW what a mess, thats going to take a lot of changes to make condi mesmer good again.

There is still hope though, as you guys are one of the favorites along with warriors and eles and guardians of Anet.Me thinks they won't leave you guys in the dust, since a lot of people play mesmer.

So what application would confuse be more useful then? pvp?.Sounds like it would be heavily useful for pvp.

Literally nobody likes the changes for confusion in PvE and they are 100% not justified by any means whatsoever. I just wish they stopped being stubburn and just revert those changes for PvE because there is absolutely no reason for it.

Also, changing axe confusion to torment harms mesmer in PvP even further because it reduces condition variety and torment isn't that dangerous of a condition than confusion is, also enemies standing still get half damage.

Archived