Elite Specialization concept when we go to Cantha - still in progress

Rasp Sabreblade.5421

We could get the following legend or legends. I haven't thought about the traits or the weapon skills much, but this is an idea about utilities. I did label what the weapons would be. The concept is all about making your foe kill themselves and their allies around them. Yep they could stand there and do nothing, but then you would kill.

Kanaxai or Urgoz as a legend or get 2 new legends when we go to CanthaDagger/Dagger - Main and offhand

Dual Dagger skills:

1. first strike dmg & vuln, second strike dmg/aoe poison, third strike dmg up to 3-5 foes in the area
  2. strike/evade through your foe blinding them with 2 additional strike when you are behind them, while blinding nearby foes
  3. striking a foe sends out 2 flying daggers removing conditions from you and copying them up to 3 nearby foes (180 radius)
  4. Shadow step to foes location up to 600 range stun them, pulling them back to your original location causing dmg. if blocked or skill fails skill instantly recharges
  5. Create a portal at your foes location that sucks up to 3 foes in and ports them to you. Causing dmg, daze and poison. if no one is ported, cause an explosion at that location corrupting boons (if blocked or foes has stab) - 900 range (might be too much, but would make for some fun game play) Can pull ppl off walls in WvW. Looks like a vertical portal and takes 1/2 to activate after it is cast.

For Utility skills I would like to see the Revenant have weapon spells ( think GW1 ritualist ). However, they bind the Rev and the enemy and each would have a similar effect. Examples below – all are 600 to 900 range.

1. Splinter Weapon - causes dmg to foes around you and around your foe to their allies when they use a skill.
  2. Nightmare Weapon (upkeep) - steals health but you do less dmg to foes around you and around your foe siphons health from their allies for you when they use a skill.
  3. Wailing Weapon - interrupts/blinds foes around you and around you foe to their allies when they use a skill.
  4. Weapon of Aggression - you and your allies gain swiftness, whereas your foe and their allies are slowed.
  5. Weapon of Fury – pulls and removes all conditions from you and your nearby allies (3-5) and transfers them to your foe, but only for half of the duration. So if you only had 1 stack it would transfer that, but if you have 5 stacks it would only transfer 2, whereas as 6 stacks would be 3.
  6. Vengeful Weapon - steals health from foe you do damage to and gives health your ally who your foes does dmg to.
  7. Resilient Weapon (elite) - you and your allies gain health regen and +100 toughness, while your foe and their allies loses health (bleeding) and -100 toughness

So it is all about doing AOE dmg and making your foe cause AOE damage to their allies and themselves - sort of like torment but not a condition and only lasts for 3-5 secs or a certain number of hits.So if your foe just stood there, they wouldn’t cause any AOE dmg around them or they just need to position themselves away from their allies.

I also like the concept of having a class that can adjust the stats of foes, like #7

I like some of the ideas especially the upkeep weapon skills, but i really hope the next spec doesn't have every utility being the same type of skill because it becomes overkill. Honestly you could have:

1. . weapon of warding(heal/upkeep)- gives out an initial heal, as well as granting protection and health per pulse. Has a cooldown when the upkeep is canceled.
  2. splinter weapon(utility)- makes attacks do additional damage and apply bleeding to foes around targetb. weilders strike (utility)- activate splinter weapon again to explode it inflicting damage around your character and inflicting conditions (vuln, torment, etc.)
  3. signet of spirits (utility)- summon 3 spirits that are bound to your character (withing a 150 range) and perform basic ranged attacks. (can be traited for additional effects)
  4. Ritual Lord (elite upkeep or f1 skill)- you channel the strength of Razah and gain a new weapon skill bar, with a mist-like otherwordly visual effects. Basically turn into a rampaging beast for a little bit, figure it could be costless skills but a high upkeep.

Just a couple ideas, theres too much i want from the ritualist including a different spirit system than kalla uses, but i want a dark spooky spec that makes use of spirit weapons, spirits, and channeled skills. I was thinking spirits or a specific skill (f1-4) could be used to summon little spirits that are chained to your character and more so act as ammo for certain skills or abilities. This might be too much with the energy bar we already have, but they could also be similar to guardians passive virtues that can be activated to do an effect. I do like the spirit weapons you have, but I think only 1 or 2 would be a good idea, having all of one type of skill will ruin flexibility and keep the playstyle stale. Even taking something from engies and using the old bundles and kits might be an option. But if ritualist doesn't come to rev then he will no longer be my main lol

if you check renegade the warbands act almost like spirits from gw1

from gw1 spirit properties:Non-fleshy. - checkedAttacks deal armor-ignoring damage. - i wish.....Immune to enchantments, hexes, the passive effects of other spirits, weapon spells, wards, and all conditions except burning. i wish. this could resolved the low hp issue and fast killing in wvw and pvpSkills which cause the target to gain health will work on spiritsThe minions window (default key: Y) also shows the health of spirits. - i wishCan be affected by knock down. - checkedAre especially vulnerable to critical hits, since spirits tend to be lower level than their foes. - checked

so renegade solution could be that the warband can be killed by burning only condition and take much lower direct dmg in order to be effective in battle.

razorclaw - bleeding like agony . but i wish the warband could also hit like icerazor and inflict bleeding also.darkrazor - dissonanceicerazor - painsoulcleave - vamprismbreakrazor - Rejuvenation+Recovery

What I was really trying to go for from this concept, would be more about you binding yourself to your enemy and causing them dmg, but then depending on what you foes does can cause dmg to their allies around them. So staying within distance of them becomes important.Think of one of the fractals or Sabetha fight. You can get bombs/marked and if you stay next to you allies you can really dmg them. So you need to disengage or more away from them. Thus potentially putting yourself out of position.

In regards to Kalla and the ritualist comment. We basically have the ritualist with the renegade spec. At its current state, the cost and recharge of placing the spirits/allies either needs to be really lowered to the point you can spirit spam since they are very fragile and don't do a lot. Or they need to be buffed so they stay alive longer and actually become a threat. Maybe in the trait that causes the spirits to give protection, maybe stab needs to be added to that also.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:What I was really trying to go for from this concept, would be more about you binding yourself to your enemy and causing them dmg, but then depending on what you foes does can cause dmg to their allies around them. So staying within distance of them becomes important.Think of one of the fractals or Sabetha fight. You can get bombs/marked and if you stay next to you allies you can really dmg them. So you need to disengage or more away from them. Thus potentially putting yourself out of position.

In regards to Kalla and the ritualist comment. We basically have the ritualist with the renegade spec. At its current state, the cost and recharge of placing the spirits/allies either needs to be really lowered to the point you can spirit spam since they are very fragile and don't do a lot. Or they need to be buffed so they stay alive longer and actually become a threat. Maybe in the trait that causes the spirits to give protection, maybe stab needs to be added to that also.

so you want item spell and weapon spell for the ritualist. could work too since the ashes came from the mist or underworld. nice idearegarding weapon spell most of them already used in our trait line. boost dmg, steal life, unblockable, quickness etc...so we left with item spell which can also work nicely with mhenlo as legend. but than you can only hold 1 item. so it will work like engi kits...?!

@messiah.1908 said:

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:What I was really trying to go for from this concept, would be more about you binding yourself to your enemy and causing them dmg, but then depending on what you foes does can cause dmg to their allies around them. So staying within distance of them becomes important.Think of one of the fractals or Sabetha fight. You can get bombs/marked and if you stay next to you allies you can really dmg them. So you need to disengage or more away from them. Thus potentially putting yourself out of position.

so you want item spell and weapon spell for the ritualist. could work too since the ashes came from the mist or underworld. nice idearegarding weapon spell most of them already used in our trait line. boost dmg, steal life, unblockable, quickness etc...so we left with item spell which can also work nicely with mhenlo as legend. but than you can only hold 1 item. so it will work like engi kits...?!

Weapons spells would be Revenant

Ashes would be Necro.

However, if we got 2 legends 1 of them could be considered a new base legend, while the other could be a new elite specialization or it adds 2 legends under 1 elite specialization and uses an F1, F2 & F3 skills to switch between 3 legends. Then a function like turmoil could be added - if you are in 1 of the legends for to long you start to self torment. think holosmith over heating.

@Rasp Sabreblade.5421 said:

Weapons spells would be Revenant

Ashes would be Necro.

However, if we got 2 legends 1 of them could be considered a new base legend, while the other could be a new elite specialization or it adds 2 legends under 1 elite specialization and uses an F1, F2 & F3 skills to switch between 3 legends. Then a function like turmoil could be added - if you are in 1 of the legends for to long you start to self torment. think holosmith over heating.

we already have weapon spell in our traits line though .....you have to consider something else for weapon spell... like buffing your team for 5 sec cd 20 sec for each weapon spell. it will be utilities so 5 weapon spell

likeBrutal Weapon - for 10 sec allies attack does 20% more dmg and gave more 20% crit chance. ends after 5 attacks . cd 20 secGreat Dwarf Weapon elite - for 10 sec your attack do 40% more dmg and have 40% chance to kd .ends after 5 attacks . cd 40 secSplinter Weapon - for 10 sec attacks does 20% more dmg to adjacent foes. ends after 5 attacks . cd 20 secWeapon of Warding - heal skill. for 10 sec gain regen and energy back and you have 50% to block any attack. when it ends you steal life from adjacent foes. end prematurely when you attack. cd 30 secweapon of remedy - for 10 sec your next 5 attack give you barrier and transfer condition to a foe. cd 20 sec

our weapon will be GS (everyone wants that) so it could buff our GS weapon.reconsider GS as you can see necro its so slow weapon...

I don't think a greatsword would be a good fit for this type of game play - it would be to slow. The whole point was binding yourself to a foe - you doing 3/4 of the aoe dmg to a foe & group and your foe doing the other 1/4 to themselves and group. So the faster the foe attacks or where they are in proximity to their allies the more harm they do to their own team.

main hand skill #1 - first strike dmg & vuln, second strike dmg/aoe poison, third strike dmg up to 3-5 foes in the areamain hand skill #2 - strike/evade through your foe blinding them with 2 additional strike when you are behind them, while blinding nearby foesmain hand skill #3 - striking a foe sends out 2 flying daggers removing conditions from you and copying them up to 3 nearby foes (180 radius)off hand skill #4 - shadow step to foes location up to 600 range stun them, pulling them back to your original location causing dmg. if blocked or skill fails skill instantly rechargesoff hand skill #5 - create a portal at your foes location that sucks up to 3 foes in and ports them to you. Causing dmg, daze and poison. if no one is ported, cause an explosion at that location corrupting boons (if blocked or foes has stab) - 900 range (might be to much, but would make for some fun game play) Can pull ppl off walls in WvW. Looks like a vertical portal and takes 1/2 to activate after it is cast.

So I really think it needs to be dual daggers.

Side note 1: I think the spear for the Revenant is what all weapons for the revenant were supposed to be - Range, close and utility all on the weapon.Side note 2: Anet should just add spear as a land weapon for base revenant. It doesn't do anything weird that weapons on land don't already do.

Archived