Wait, Illusionary Ambush breaks targetting?

glenndevis.8327

@glenndevis.8327 said:This wasn't in the demo right? And haven't seen this being mentioned anywhere but for some reason it does now?If it is new then that's quite a nice change.

Yeah it's new, it's a great buff and makes the skill really handy to have unlike before. Makes sense too from lore prespective (encourages hit and run tactics like thieves)

@MikeL.8260 said:

@glenndevis.8327 said:This wasn't in the demo right? And haven't seen this being mentioned anywhere but for some reason it does now?If it is new then that's quite a nice change.

Yeah it's new, it's a great buff and makes the skill really handy to have unlike before. Makes sense too from lore prespective (encourages hit and run tactics like thieves)

I think ur talking about Mirage Advance. But yeah I like the change to Mirage Advance as well.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:This isn't new. It always broke targeting.

Ohh really? I guess it was just not mentioned in the tooltip. And never noticed a Mirage use it on me in the beta.

it is designed this way tho in demo sometimes people feel it didnt work .anyway its nice for pvp , but i really wish anet move away from this kind of design , it makes mesmer more annoying for new players but far less effective against skilled players , which causes the balance problem , and usually resulted uncalled nerf to mesmer .

I like It if mesmer has these things that makes new players get fooled easily, but I just wish it would still be rather useful against skilled players instead of getting nerfed.Either way I think detargetting is an "ok" thing in general, even against skilled players but it won't confuse or fool them, it's just going to throw them off because they will have to retarget again. We'll have to wait & see.

I'm a fan of the detargetting mechanic but it's a bit pointless sometimes if it won't actually confuse people or if people can just cleave clones down in 1 attack even if they are confused.

@glenndevis.8327 said:

@MikeL.8260 said:

I think ur talking about Mirage Advance. But yeah I like the change to Mirage Advance as well.

Ah yeah that's right, I confused the two.

@Panda.1967 said:

@glenndevis.8327 said:

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:This isn't new. It always broke targeting.

Ohh really? I guess it was just not mentioned in the tooltip. And never noticed a Mirage use it on me in the beta.

It absolutely was mentioned in the tooltip.

You and all your illusions shadowstep to a random point around your target and gain Mirage Cloak. Illusions' actions are interrupted when they change focus to the targeted foe.

Not sure where it says that in the tooltip. (now it does because of the addition of the icon in the tooltip but that wasn't there in the demo/beta.)

Archived