Do remember that sword is not optimal for duelling on all classes not just ele

Arheundel.6451

The title is not perfectly laid out but the allowed space it's what it is....

I see people complaining a lot about sword, all complaints could be considered valid but let's all remember that other professions have access to the same weapon and with the same range of 130 and none of those professions use a sword in any of their optimal builds ( well save ranger ofc as they can swap to ranged weapon ). Holosmiths and warrior don't use sword anywhere to fight other people generally, mesmer can swap to staff and anyway have its close do dmg at range.

Sword ele is not an optimal duellist in WvW : 4 times out of 10 you will meet your average Joe that will facetank you...and victory will most probably be yours; for the remaining 6 times instead you will meet expert kiters that will range you from start to end and you can do little against them. Ele in general is not an optimal roamer anymore and for now, before all other professions had way less sustain, less dmg and less mobility and you could work efficiently with d/d but now.........-_-

With all that said and done , sword remains in an ok situation especially after the dmg buffs , after the upcoming nerfs I can see a sword ele work quite allright in pvp as side node fighter but for wvw the situation won't change much I am afraid and sword weaver will remain a "subpar" duellist, ofc for small scale group fight, a well played sword ele will still make his voice heard no doubts.

The weapon itself is not that much slower or faster respect to other sword classes and respect to warhorn, they did a great job, we can actually use an elite weapon without gimping ourselves and seen how some times this elite weapon prove to be trash (ranger MH dagger, holosmith sword, reaper GS) maybe we can show a little gratitude , can you imagine if sword weaver was as bad as tempest warhorn?

Let's be happy with what sword offers to ele : a tanky frontliner , we have dagger MH for a more offensive melee range role and what ele really lacks now it's a more approachable single target ranged weapon; some people may be happy with the gimmick nature of scepter burst but I believe we need something better for ranged fight

I disagree almost with everything.

that other professions have access to the same weapon and with the same range of 130 and none of those professions use a sword in any of their optimal buildssw/shield,sw/torch Mesmer? sw/d Thief? No?Sword ele is not an optimal duellist in WvW : 4 times out of 10 you will meet your average Joe that will facetank you...and victory will most probably be yours; for the remaining 6 times instead you will meet expert kiters that will range you from start to end and you can do little against themSword weaver is not a profession for people who don't know what to do and how to play against specific builds.After spending like 450 hours of playing this build on WvW i can say that there are only a few builds where you can't do almost anything to beat em.They're just a total counter.And that would make about 8 out of 10 match-ups fully winnable on your side.Quoting one wise man - > "git gud"Ele in general is not an optimal roamer anymore and for nowAs above,you just don't know how to play this buildand what ele really lacks now it's a more approachable single target ranged weaponSo are you saying that freshair ele is not good enough single target build?Ele is the most glassy class in this game (on paper),so it's normal that squishy profession will have high burst weapons (just like thief).You are playing backline role,not tank one.As many said,freshair is not easy build to learn,but it gives alot of fun and acces to unique playstyle.

Edit:Just to be perfectly clear,I do agree that Sword Weaver is a bit underpowered atm comparing to other classes,but I don't think that it is in so bad position.It's not an easy build,but still can do alot of stuff with it.

@"Widmo.3186" said:I disagree almost with everything.

that other professions have access to the same weapon and with the same range of 130 and none of those professions use a sword in any of their optimal buildssw/shield,sw/torch Mesmer? sw/d Thief? No?Sword ele is not an optimal duellist in WvW : 4 times out of 10 you will meet your average Joe that will facetank you...and victory will most probably be yours; for the remaining 6 times instead you will meet expert kiters that will range you from start to end and you can do little against themSword weaver is not a profession for people who don't know what to do and how to play against specific builds.After spending like 450 hours of playing this build on WvW i can say that there are only a few builds where you can't do almost anything to beat em.They're just a total counter.And that would make about 8 out of 10 match-ups fully winnable on your side.Quoting one wise man - > "git gud"Ele in general is not an optimal roamer anymore and for nowAs above,you just don't know how to play this buildand what ele really lacks now it's a more approachable single target ranged weaponSo are you saying that freshair ele is not good enough single target build?Ele is the most glassy class in this game (on paper),so it's normal that squishy profession will have high burst weapons (just like thief).You are playing backline role,not tank one.As many said,freshair is not easy build to learn,but it gives alot of fun and acces to unique playstyle.

Edit:Just to be perfectly clear,I do agree that Sword Weaver is a bit underpowered atm comparing to other classes,but I don't think that it is in so bad position.It's not an easy build,but still can do alot of stuff with it.

...I give my opinion...you gave yours ( with all the l33t attitude )...both still opinions but numbers don't lie there is that..have a nice day....

P.Sthat copy/paste bunker healing dodge build from @Cellofrag is like a panacea...

Archived