[BUG] Blast Gyro Tag Detonation Does Not Crit

It cannot critically hit even with 100% + critical hit chance and intelligence sigil. Video demonstrating said bug.

Edit- While the tooltip on the skill adjusts based on your stats the blast gyro tag explosion does not, I believe this to be part of the bug. For example I can equip a condi amulet with no power and the tag says it should hit for 1.5k, but instead hits the flat 2.5k. So regardless of my power and precision and in contradiction of the tool-tip it hits for 2.5k and never crits.

apparently, this skill used to crit according to a stray scrapper i met. at what point it got broken i do not know. i knew the gyro didn't crit. but it also doesnt get affected by stats despite what the tooltip suggest.Looking at this, it looks like gyro uses it's own stats instead of the owner

BY THE WAYWhen the owner is blinded, you can still hit with your blast gyro TAG skill. despite being blinded. this makes no sense, and is likely part of the bug.

@"BreakneckJack.7684" said:apparently, this skill used to crit according to a stray scrapper i met. at what point it got broken i do not know. i knew the gyro didn't crit. but it also doesnt get affected by stats despite what the tooltip suggest.Looking at this, it looks like gyro uses it's own stats instead of the owner

BY THE WAYWhen the owner is blinded, you can still hit with your blast gyro TAG skill. despite being blinded. this makes no sense, and is likely part of the bug.

Blast gyro is known for being super buggy. The gyro itself cannot handle vertical terrain very well, and will often detonate itself on stairs, particularly when it has to travel up them. It will also take strange or circuitous routes. You can demonstrate this with some of the golems in the pvp testing area if you can get a proper angle, like this one:

Vzs2FBk.jpg

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"BreakneckJack.7684" said:apparently, this skill used to crit according to a stray scrapper i met. at what point it got broken i do not know. i knew the gyro didn't crit. but it also doesnt get affected by stats despite what the tooltip suggest.Looking at this, it looks like gyro uses it's own stats instead of the owner

Blast gyro is known for being super buggy. The gyro itself cannot handle vertical terrain very well, and will often detonate itself on stairs, particularly when it has to travel up them. It will also take strange or circuitous routes. You can demonstrate this with some of the golems in the pvp testing area if you can get a proper angle, like this one:

Vzs2FBk.jpg

Yeah i have noticed that too on this and other golems during testing. (even with super speed he couldnt even go 600 range)the gyro doesnt really get stuck though . he simply stops to turn and rotate.i believe this can easily be fixed by allowing gyro's to rotate instantly. much like mesmer illusions and many other npcs in the game do.

@BreakneckJack.7684 said:

@BreakneckJack.7684 said:apparently, this skill used to crit according to a stray scrapper i met. at what point it got broken i do not know. i knew the gyro didn't crit. but it also doesnt get affected by stats despite what the tooltip suggest.Looking at this, it looks like gyro uses it's own stats instead of the owner

Vzs2FBk.jpg

Yeah i have noticed that too on this and other golems during testing. (even with super speed he couldnt even go 600 range)the gyro doesnt really get stuck though . he simply stops to turn and rotate.i believe this can easily be fixed by allowing gyro's to rotate instantly. much like mesmer illusions and many other npcs in the game do.

Or letting it spawn near the target like a mesmer illusion.

Archived