Off-meta raom build

Gihn.1043

so sw/sw staff has gotten a little stale, and been wanting to try something new. thinking about axe, and theres this new youtube vid of a madman running power mace and shield. what else has anyone else come up with? even renegade is on the table- but who do we kid, probably not. still though, i'd love to hear someones ideas

little birdie told me theres someone in here that roams with a hammer... would really like to get my hands on that build pls and ty

Roaming with hammer is exactly the same as sw/sw/staff except you have a hammer instead of one of those options(depending on if you want max pewpew or max ranging/survive).

Axe is also basically the same as sw/sw except you're trading burst and engage for superior zoning/hard cc. Unless you were thinking sw/sw/axe, which you could definitely set up some sort of one trick with... But I kind of feel like staff is pretty muchmandatory in the roaming game, or else you become way too squishy and kiteable.

Aaaaand I'm not sure I can wrap my head around what advtange--if any--you'd get out of mace/shield in a power build. I mean, hybrid builds sure... But in pure power it just sounds underwhelming and even lacking in utility--sort of the exact opposite of bringing a sword mainhand into a condi build.

There's truly not a lot of variety out there that doesn't just end with you even more frustrated than a Rev roamer already is most of the time. :dizzy:

When I get bored with it, I usually just try to set up new one-trick bursts and ganking traps to meme people with, like going zerker glint/ventari to bubble spam knockdown burst a thief who thought I was a sad healer trying to find my zerg or something.

meh I just play every mode on this glass cannon, including solo roam

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFOFi9LnpNtBYAJw+fFMhA-jVSBAB4prgjjAgZKBX4CCsxhAgm9HA4BBQp6PXp87dwBwWblWblWblt2art2arGQrt2art2art2arCBUeMA-w

I only play it everywhere because I stopped caring about dying. Interesting that I've ended up becoming better at staying alive...

@Gihn.1043 said:so sw/sw staff has gotten a little stale, and been wanting to try something new. thinking about axe, and theres this new youtube vid of a madman running power mace and shield. what else has anyone else come up with? even renegade is on the table- but who do we kid, probably not. still though, i'd love to hear someones ideas

little birdie told me theres someone in here that roams with a hammer... would really like to get my hands on that build pls and ty

That madman is my friend and guildmate. Power mace is a little gimped because it lacks defense and chasing ability, but echoing eruption hits surprisingly hard and quickness mace autos are good with IO.

Edit: power mace is a little BAD, idk what the censoring filter is doing.

You can make a tanky renegade build too. Invo/Ret/Renegade with Jalis and Shiro, sw/X staff. You will need to run upwards of 2.8 or 2.9k armor and use damage reduction/sustain food.

Hello, madman with power mace here.I would honestly suggest giving power mace a shot, i used it with sw/sh as my secondary but that left me with less condi clears and a bit less mobility. Ive been giving mace/sword + staff a go and its proven to be somewhat better with general sustain.

Fissure into Echo then weapon swapping for hydro sigil proc will drop your enemies health below 45% usually, and then you can just get a casual shackle off or DS to finish the job.If youre not really feelin the damage output you could always throw in some grieving pieces or maybe even vipers just to have some actual condi pressure instead of tickling them with it.

Archived