Stick it out or reroll?

Jingles.8125

So I'm returning from a long break. Spent yesterday playing core condi engi and was loving it. I'm reading a lot of forum posts about the viability of engi specs. I'm worried that I won't be able to main my favorite class with the way people are describing it currently. Just wondering if I should stick it out and play it or if I should shelf it and roll warrior or something.

I am a mainly spvp player that is now getting into pve content and wvw. Right now I'm running through the stories of the expansions to both catch up and unlock my especs.

@"Jingles.8125" said:So I'm returning from a long break. Spent yesterday playing core condi engi and was loving it. I'm reading a lot of forum posts about the viability of engi specs. I'm worried that I won't be able to main my favorite class with the way people are describing it currently. Just wondering if I should stick it out and play it or if I should shelf it and roll warrior or something.

I am a mainly spvp player that is now getting into pve content and wvw. Right now I'm running through the stories of the expansions to both catch up and unlock my especs.

Core condi engi is laughably bad in sPvP.

Most "viable" engi builds right now are holosmith. Core engi and scrapper are pretty weak atm.

@Jingles.8125 said:So I'm returning from a long break. Spent yesterday playing core condi engi and was loving it. I'm reading a lot of forum posts about the viability of engi specs. I'm worried that I won't be able to main my favorite class with the way people are describing it currently. Just wondering if I should stick it out and play it or if I should shelf it and roll warrior or something.

i wont recommend to reroll to warrior, not rly in a much better spot than engi, except in wvw zerging, holo can be pretty strong in roaming tho

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Jingles.8125 said:So I'm returning from a long break. Spent yesterday playing core condi engi and was loving it. I'm reading a lot of forum posts about the viability of engi specs. I'm worried that I won't be able to main my favorite class with the way people are describing it currently. Just wondering if I should stick it out and play it or if I should shelf it and roll warrior or something.

i wont recommend to reroll to warrior, not rly in a much better spot than engi, except in wvw zerging, holo can be pretty strong in roaming tho

Warrior is strong on every single gamemode the game has. In WvW particulary it has one of the biggest impact elites the game mode has ever had.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Warrior is strong on every single gamemode the game has. In WvW particulary it has one of the biggest impact elites the game mode has ever had.

like i said, except in wvw zerging...in the other modes it gets outshined, wvw roaming is dominated by stealth classes, pvp mesmer and necro are the topdogs and pve not rly a clue, but i think other classes still have easier more dps

@RedShark.9548 said:

like i said, except in wvw zerging...in the other modes it gets outshined, wvw roaming is dominated by stealth classes, pvp mesmer and necro are the topdogs and pve not rly a clue, but i think other classes still have easier more dps

you're like two patches behind meta wise for most of your assertions.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

ye? and what in your opinion brought warrior back ? surely not those nerfs he got, and i dont rly think the other classes got nerfed more than the war

@RedShark.9548 said:

ye? and what in your opinion brought warrior back ? surely not those nerfs he got, and i dont rly think the other classes got nerfed more than the war

Regarding PvP: every top tier build got heavily nerfed but Mesmer and devs already stated they are changing Mesmer further to ease things a bit regarding its dominance. Spellbreaker still heavily used in top 250 ranked. Nerfs don't mean much in this context if most builds get them.

PvE wise warrior has at least two top tier, BiS builds, benchmarks for those are in SC's page. Basically that means at least one warrior is always there for any raid squad and any organized fractal group. Spellbreaker got heavily buffed in PvE and now sports a 36-37k DPS build not even using full counter.

WvW wise spellbreaker is still one of the best Zerg classes and you will still see them roaming around, in fact, one of the most prominent roamers (Vaanss) is a warrior main. You must know him if you WvW.

So yeah, warrior is still extremely strong and sees play in every single gamemode, also has builds that are strong for both it's elite specs and its vanilla version.

Comparing warrior to engi build diversity wise is disgustingly wrong, as in they are nowhere near the same.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Regarding PvP: every top tier build got heavily nerfed but Mesmer and devs already stated they are changing Mesmer further to ease things a bit regarding its dominance. Spellbreaker still heavily used in top 250 ranked. Nerfs don't mean much in this context if most builds get them.

PvE wise warrior has at least two top tier, BiS builds, benchmarks for those are in SC's page. Basically that means at least one warrior is always there for any raid squad and any organized fractal group. Spellbreaker got heavily buffed in PvP and now sports a 36-37k DPS build not even using full counter.

WvW wise spellbreaker is still one of the best Zerg classes and you will still see them roaming around, in fact, one of the most prominent roamers (Vaanss) is a warrior main. You must know him if you WvW.

So yeah, warrior is still extremely strong and sees play in every single gamemode, also has builds that are strong for both it's elite specs and its vanilla version.

Comparing warrior to engi build diversity wise is disgustingly wrong, as in they are nowhere near the same.

just because vaans roams it doesnt mean its still good...have you ever roamed lately ? even if you win your fight most other roaming classes simply run away from you to try again or to get friends and chase you over the whole map until you drop dead

@RedShark.9548 said:

PvE wise warrior has at least two top tier, BiS builds, benchmarks for those are in SC's page. Basically that means at least one warrior is always there for any raid squad and any organized fractal group. Spellbreaker got heavily buffed in PvP and now sports a 36-37k DPS build not even using full counter.

just because vaans roams it doesnt mean its still good...have you ever roamed lately ? even if you win your fight most other roaming classes simply run away from you to try again or to get friends and chase you over the whole map until you drop dead

Yes I roam often and yes, thief and mesmer can disengage at will all they want. That has nothing to do with Warrior being I a very solid spot.

Archived