Brief flash to desktop on map change

When I select a new character, change maps or change my graphics preset setting, the game goes to the map loading screen, then flashes to the desktop for a split second, then back to the loading screen until the load is done. It does not happen when I WP within a map but it does when I WP from one map to another.

This could be an OS issue since I recently installed the latest Win 10 update, build 17134.48, and this issue started sometime after that. However, it might not have started until after the May 10 game update. I'm not sure. The OS and game updates were withing a few days of each other.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: Dang. Just saw there's a thread on this - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged#latest

@"Sarpan.9074" said:When I select a new character, change maps or change my graphics preset setting, the game goes to the map loading screen, then flashes to the desktop for a split second, then back to the loading screen until the load is done. It does not happen when I WP within a map but it does when I WP from one map to another.

This could be an OS issue since I recently installed the latest Win 10 update, build 17134.48, and this issue started sometime after that. However, it might not have started until after the May 10 game update. I'm not sure. The OS and game updates were withing a few days of each other.

Edit: Dang. Just saw there's a thread on this - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23095/game-alt-tabbing-or-flashing-desktop-merged#latest

Yup. Looks like most of us are in the same boat suffering from this bug.. I seriously hope there's a patch for this soon.. It's driving me nuts!

@"Sarpan.9074" said:When I select a new character, change maps or change my graphics preset setting, the game goes to the map loading screen, then flashes to the desktop for a split second, then back to the loading screen until the load is done. It does not happen when I WP within a map but it does when I WP from one map to another.

Still happening.

Happening to me too. I also think it has something to do with the recent large Windows Update (which I installed last evening, after playing GW2). I notice too that I have a message in my Windows Notifications area that says something like, "Turn off Notices when running a full screen Direct X Game."

Archived