Mouse problem

Whenever I make a sweeping stroke with my right mouse button held down, there's about a 1 in 3 chance that it will lock the mouse in position for a few seconds, and then all of a sudden, any mouse movement turns the whole camera. I have to right-click again to get out of it.

Does anybody know what causes this, or how to fix it? It only happens in GW2. It only started happening a few weeks ago.

Anybody? This is REALLY annoying. It' has killed me three times so far (in WvW), and almost killed me many times in PVE. There's got to be a setting I'm accidentally triggering, I would guess in the camera settings.

Does anybody know what setting could be used to have your camera follow your mouse movement when neither button is pressed. If I can find that name somewhere in the options, maybe I can change whatever I'm doing to trigger it.

Sounds like lag to me, although I'm not an expert. I get the same issue in Lotro and it only happens there since my pc seems to really struggle with that game more than any other. Might be worth linking a screenshot to your current mouse and camera settings just in case though

No, it's definitely not lag. The mouse cursor changed (disappears), and the whole screen moves with what used to be the mouse cursor.

I can see how it could be valuable; you can quickly spin the whole area around you. So, I'm guessing it's a camera feature.

But, it's not valuable when it happens seemingly randomly. Yes, I know it's not "random"; rather I'm doing SOME thing to make it happen. But, I can't pin down what starts it.

Found it, I think. It wasn't strictly the "Action Camera". It was "Enable First-Person Camera". I used the "Restore Defaults" button, and the problem went away. I played for over an hour without it happening, and it would have hit 10 times in an hour if it were still happening.

I marked it as answered though, because in searching for "Action Camera", I tripped over that button and that fixed it.

I only wish I could mark all three of you response as the answers, but only one; so I marked the first one. Thanks to all of you!

Archived