Spellbreaker WvWvW Tank Build

Shafi.8952

I set myself 3 limitations before making this spellbreaker build.

1. I have use dagger/dagger as my main weapon.
  2. I have to use at least 1 meditation skill.
  3. I have to be tanky enough to command in WvW zarg fights.

This is what I have: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAoYUnMdY6gWdt6aXIuQwvDfHwJiTELKB2xAIA87wvx94gsyW449EA-jlyGABJcCAGTfTAHCAFeQB/p+DAHQhoUCC/+DmdEAGS5XAgDgzbezPPzP/8zf+5nf+5n31nf+5nf+5nf+5nXKg8kpB-w

Dagger/Shield would probably be better but dagger dagger looks cooler.Rifle because I liked ranged option. And warriors are limited to bow or rifle for range.

Healing signet still the best heal.

Featherfoot Grace is the upgrade to Beserker StanceEndure Pain classic.Signet of Fury to engage fights with full adrenaline bar. Normally I would use dolyek signet to tank more but full counter has me covered.

Signet of Rage - Passive adrenaline generator.

The traits are pretty self explanatory.

50% and 100% crit chance with unsuspecting foe & Burst precision7% healing from every crit damage with sun and moon style

7% and 20% damage increase on full counter with burst mastery and revenge counter

daze and stun also immobilise with no escape.fury and adrenaline from immobilise with opportunist.

Only went into the discipline trait line for 15% cooldown reduction on full counter. Otherwise I would have went into defense traitline.

Soldiers Stats cause I'm broke atm. Cavalier or Sentinel would probably be better.

Sigils for the cool factor with the duel daggers.Rifle swapping for condition removal with brawler's recovery.

I have no idea what food & utility I should be using. Just using soldier food stuff atm. Life steal on ctrit would probably be better food.

Here is a youtube vid of the build: https://youtu.be/TrfIDaJJhd4

I would appreciate some help from someone more experienced than me.

I dont see the need for a ranged weapon for a frontline tank build. Maybe somewhere you want to be able to apply preassure at a wall or something, but not at the cost of something better. I think hammer i far better for a tanky Spellbreaker build. Works really well with No Escape and Attacker's Insight.

Im using Enchantment Collapse instead. for the synergy with Dispelling Force and with both hammerstun and disrupting stab.

Im using Guard Counter instead because I think Immobilize isnt very strong and will be pretty useless against a team of guards and revs with stab and resistance. It's of more use when duelling maybe.

I also prefer Winds of Disenchantment as the elite. I think it's a really good skill to open with just when you clash with the other teams frontliners. Used at the right time its great.

As far as weapons go, I prefer shield as offhand. Dagger number 5, Bladestorm, is both stationary and takes 1,5 sec to use. Not enough time to use it effectively so Im better off with something that gives me protection, and shield number 5 is a nice oh-shit button for those moments when you just have to survive.. And shield number 4 is also a stun so it should work well with the whole remove boon on stun effect.

@Magnuzone.8395 said:I dont see the need for a ranged weapon for a frontline tank build. Maybe somewhere you want to be able to apply preassure at a wall or something, but not at the cost of something better. I think hammer i far better for a tanky Spellbreaker build. Works really well with No Escape and Attacker's Insight.

Im using Enchantment Collapse instead. for the synergy with Dispelling Force and with both hammerstun and disrupting stab.

Im using Guard Counter instead because I think Immobilize isnt very strong and will be pretty useless against a team of guards and revs with stab and resistance. It's of more use when duelling maybe.

I also prefer Winds of Disenchantment as the elite. I think it's a really good skill to open with just when you clash with the other teams frontliners. Used at the right time its great.

As far as weapons go, I prefer shield as offhand. Dagger number 5, Bladestorm, is both stationary and takes 1,5 sec to use. Not enough time to use it effectively so Im better off with something that gives me protection, and shield number 5 is a nice oh-kitten button for those moments when you just have to survive.. And shield number 4 is also a stun so it should work well with the whole remove boon on stun effect.

Damn, hammer with Attacker's Insight damn powerful. Double earthshaker. It's not just a frontline tank build. It's just the build I use all around because I'm too lazy to keep changing gear, traits, etc. WvW zarg commanding is the primary focus of the build but not the only focus.

If I went into Enhancement Collapse, I'd be really tempted to take Loss Aversion. Without sun and moon style, I'd have little reason to stick with dagger/dagger. The boon removal build style seems to be the more offensive and less tanky approach to the build. The build gives critical hits and it needs to profit from them as much as possible. The 2 sec resistance with full counter seems like the more tanky option.

The whole reason for the immobilise is to get fury and adrenaline with opportunist. You have gone the adrenaline from boon removal route. I've gone the adrenaline from daze, stun, immobilise route.

Winds of Disenchantment is nice but that long cooldown is painful for me. I would use it if I went the boon rip route like you.

The reason I'm not going into boon rip focused build is because Loss Aversion & Sun and Moon style are both under the same section. The primary idea of this build is to do crit with the help of the Arms traitline and benefit from the crit with Sun and Moon style. If I went for a boon rip build, I'd go for the defense traitline instead of the Arms traitline to get healing from bursts.

This is what I'd go for if my build was focused around boon hate: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJEQNAoeSnMdY6gWdt6aXIuQwYXfHwsrTELVBGSBoBEAw/wj4UsSRI2lDA-jlyGAB/p+jCPogoUCC/+DDp8LgjAwY6bM7QAQ/JAAgDow6gBgAkZmzMzMNyMzMzMTpAyTmG-w

I spent some time in sPvP , trying to make the tankiest of all tanks spellbreaker and this is what I ended up on: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeUnMdAt6idhAOeAciglqAD/DXiXxIFgGQAQpHE7yBA-jpBHQB3rMADfAAvb/BAcIAc4JA4hHBAA

@Helicity.3416 said:Dagger 3 into dagger 4 is absolutely amazing. D/D is definitely a viable weapon set imho. More so when they fix dagger 2 not being classed as a"movement skill" bug

I prefer dagger 3 into dagger 5 and f2 into dagger 4.

1.5 sec stun on dagger 3 and dagger 5 lasts 1.5 sec.0.5 sec daze on f2 and dagger 4 lasts 0.5 sec.

Dagger/Dagger seems to be more for 1v1 duels. Not the best in WvW, not the best in PvE and can struggle in sPvP without shield or hammer.

I have been using the following build.

It seems like there is good synergy by using Spellbreaker with Signet Mastery and Signet of Fury.

• The adrenaline gain from Signet of Fury makes burst -> counter -> burst combos easy to pull off which procs Furious Burst to stack Fury.
  • Stacking Ferocity with Signet Mastery and Attacker's Insight.
  • Stay with frontline with Signet of Fury and Earthshaker without taking other mobility skills.

Archived