Is there a viable rifle holosmith no kit build for solo pve, open world, fractals, raids?

Rebel.6419

I am just not a fan of the bombs or grenades, and would like to use rifle so i am both ranged with rifle and melee with the holo skills. I have been looking around but have no found anything for rifle with no kit (bombs or grenades)

Sure, you can do that, but your overall damage build will suffer:

https://www.snowcrows.com/raids/engineer/

Change out bomb kit for photon wall, and change grenade kit for rifle turret. Presto! The only downside is your ranged damage will be absolutely atrocious without grenades, and your CC and melee damage (between PF uses) will be significantly lower without bomb kit.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Sure, you can do that, but your overall damage build will suffer:

https://www.snowcrows.com/raids/engineer/

Change out bomb kit for photon wall, and change grenade kit for rifle turret. Presto! The only downside is your ranged damage will be absolutely atrocious without grenades, and your CC and melee damage (between PF uses) will be significantly lower without bomb kit.

So its a bad build then, lol

@Rebel.6419 said:

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Sure, you can do that, but your overall damage build will suffer:

So its a bad build then, lol

No, it's just not as good.

If you want no kits, you're going to have to sacrifice something. Our primary weapons are generally pretty weak, the only ones that are close to acceptable are sword and hammer. You could make a modified version of the rifle build I linked with a sword/pistol and rifle turret + photon shield, and it does good damage, but is atrocious at range.

@"Rebel.6419" said:i've been using sword and shield with rifle turret, photon wall, the spinning light blades and the energy beam. Its good and fun but i am dying really fast, I need to figure out what I am doing wrong, its frustrating.

I already know whats wrong... you're getting hit. So you either have to dodge more, or invest in personal sustain. Since you're not running explosive kits, you may as well drop explosives for Inventions, and trait Auto Smoke Bomb, Bunker down, and play with the middle traits to see what you like (Personally I go Mecha Legs for everything) . Over shield would be a better Adept choice if you know how to run shield, but its not clear if you do in this case. But the main one is Bunker down, which drops Med kits very regularly during combat. The Bandage it drops is 500 HP, every 2 seconds, making it a steady source of HP if you're horrible at avoiding attacks. Since you're not running Tools with Endurance Regen, thats probably the case.

If you're going all Melee, I would consider dropping Rifle Turret entirely and run Hard Light Arena instead. Strong AOE CC on the tool best, and pulses Protection on main. When you get good at "not dying" you can switch over to Anti Corrosion Plating for major pulsed condition clear for allies. You can also tool around with the Holo smith traits.... they're ALL extremely versatile for a wide range of builds.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Rebel.6419" said:i've been using sword and shield with rifle turret, photon wall, the spinning light blades and the energy beam. Its good and fun but i am dying really fast, I need to figure out what I am doing wrong, its frustrating.

I already know whats wrong... you're getting hit. So you either have to dodge more, or invest in personal sustain. Since you're not running explosive kits, you may as well drop explosives for Inventions, and trait Auto Smoke Bomb, Bunker down, and play with the middle traits to see what you like (Personally I go Mecha Legs for everything) . Over shield would be a better Adept choice if you know how to run shield, but its not clear if you do in this case. But the main one is Bunker down, which drops Med kits very regularly during combat. The Bandage it drops is 500 HP, every 2 seconds, making it a steady source of HP if you're horrible at avoiding attacks. Since you're not running Tools with Endurance Regen, thats probably the case.

If you're going all Melee, I would consider dropping Rifle Turret entirely and run Hard Light Arena instead. Strong AOE CC on the tool best, and pulses Protection on main. When you get good at "not dying" you can switch over to Anti Corrosion Plating for major pulsed condition clear for allies. You can also tool around with the Holo smith traits.... they're ALL extremely versatile for a wide range of builds.

I have been running Tools 1,1,1/ Firearms 3,3,2/ Holo 3,2,3. I will try Inventions instead of tools and see how it goes.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived