DPS confusion test help.

Hello everyone. I am curious as to how can I test my dps on mirage. Since I have a lot of confusion and u know the dummy doesnt attack. Is there an option to make it attack?DPS meters are out of the option for me since I tend to look at them waaay too much and compare myself waaay too much and I dont want that.

You can test your confusion damage against the golem in the Fractals lobby. There are also training aspects in the PvP lobby as well. I am curious as to your confusion setup on your mirage, though -- what are you using? My condi mirage could use a little boost and advice.

@"altermaven.7385" said:You can test your confusion damage against the golem in the Fractals lobby. There are also training aspects in the PvP lobby as well. I am curious as to your confusion setup on your mirage, though -- what are you using? My condi mirage could use a little boost and advice.

hmmm Ill try him tyalso this is the build I am currently using

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAnfGWWNMzYwy5F4PAbgPwyNwxJAA

since I dont have an ascended pistol I am using staff because I also do a lot of open world content and since my pc is potato its safer for me to be at distance.

I see you're with axe/torch on the main with staff on the swap. I use 1-3-1 on Mirage, but I never thought Dueling would be useful. Still, this will help me rework things. I might go to pistol if that actually helps with generating confusion (but Torch phanta will generate 3 stacks if it lands a hit). I was, for a moment, wondering if you're using the scepter somehow. Not sure if that will land more confusion stacks, though.

@altermaven.7385 said:I see you're with axe/torch on the main with staff on the swap. I use 1-3-1 on Mirage, but I never thought Dueling would be useful. Still, this will help me rework things. I might go to pistol if that actually helps with generating confusion (but Torch phanta will generate 3 stacks if it lands a hit). I was, for a moment, wondering if you're using the scepter somehow. Not sure if that will land more confusion stacks, though.

Not sue scepter feels very weak rn, the best dps would be axe/torch axe/pistol but since I dont have a pistol ascended I use staff for now. Also that would change the traits in dueling to 3-2-1 instead of 1-2-1

@altermaven.7385 said:Ah, for the pistol bleeds. That would eliminate ranged options, however; would be wise to have the staff as a backup. I was unsure if the build was concentrating on solely confusion, or if it's part of the condi rotation. That would make sense in the latter.

Its just there in ue skills u do put a lot of confusion! :smiley:

Oki doki peeps, here are some tips.

• Use Viper's stat prefix for all your gear.
  • Use Axe/Torch + Axe/Pistol. It doesn't matter if it's ascended or if it has wrong stats, A/P is just better than Staff.
  • Use False Oasis / Crystal Sands / Signet of Midnight / Signet of Domination / Jaunt for your utilities.
  • Use Dueling 3-1-1 Chaos 1-2-2 or 1-2-3 and Mirage 3-3-1.
  • Use the static Aerodrome golem because Confusion damage depends on the enemy you're facing. There are some bosses like Cairn that just spam attacks, and some like Mursaat Overseer that just stand there and watch you.
  • Don't forget that you are a Mirage, even just autoattacking gets you 10K DPS.

@altermaven.7385 said:One thing I need to know, only because the build editor doesn't show it: what are your utility skills? Armor?

basically what the dude said, osasis, shards, condi dura signet, condi dmg signet and jaunt.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:Oki doki peeps, here are some tips.

• Use Axe/Torch + Axe/Pistol. It doesn't matter if it's ascended or if it has wrong stats, A/P is just better than Staff.
  • Use False Oasis / Crystal Sands / Signet of Midnight / Signet of Domination / Jaunt for your utilities.
  • Use the static Aerodrome golem because Confusion damage depends on the enemy you're facing. There are some bosses like Cairn that just spam attacks, and some like Mursaat Overseer that just stand there and watch you.

I still prefer the staff tho, it gives me option to bck away when needed and in open world events works amazing with my potato PC when melee simply isnt the option

I still prefer the staff tho, it gives me option to bck away when needed and in open world events works amazing with my potato PC when melee simply isnt the option

Of course, yes. Chaos Storm and Phase Retreat does wonders in open world.

@Imperadordf.2687 said:

Of course, yes. Chaos Storm and Phase Retreat does wonders in open world.

it also once saved me on cairn xD and oh boy in fractals, since I do run a lot of times with newer players and Im no pro myself helps so much to bck away while still doing decent ( its surprisingly ok xD ) dmg.

@Psylocker.5264 said:

@altermaven.7385 said:One thing I need to know, only because the build editor doesn't show it: what are your utility skills? Armor?

basically what the dude said, osasis, shards, condi dura signet, condi dmg signet and jaunt.

Yeah, I overlooked that. Blame lack of caffeine for that one. I think that's a great setup. One thing I was mentioning in terms of armor is specifically the runes. I know Viper's is expected, I would readily assume Perplexity (+% confusion duration), though I am currently using 4x Tormenting and 2x Perplexity (+25%, +10% respectively) as I do have a staff off-hand and I tend to generate decent Torment esp. as most of my targets move. May just switch to straight-up Perplexity if I want to do nothing more than confusion and I have other sigil options in place.

I'm an open-worlder, so I want to have options at hand. My torch has the Sigil of Malice, hence why I've 4/2 Tormenting and Perplexity (also, 4p Perplexity only does confusion when struck, I would imagine it to be useful if you're vs. significant bosses and not open world trash); it's only there until I can outfit myself in all Viper's.

Edit: I've added Crystal Sands to the setup, and I can say I went from indifferent to adding it as a solid selector. Some areas that require me to do Mantra of Concentration will have me trading out dom sigil for such (midnight is still pretty much a must -- +20% duration). All I need is to make more Viper's things.

@altermaven.7385 said:

Yeah, I overlooked that. Blame lack of caffeine for that one. I think that's a great setup. One thing I was mentioning in terms of armor is specifically the runes. I know Viper's is expected, I would readily assume Perplexity (+% confusion duration), though I am currently using 4x Tormenting and 2x Perplexity (+25%, +10% respectively) as I do have a staff off-hand and I tend to generate decent Torment esp. as most of my targets move. May just switch to straight-up Perplexity if I want to do nothing more than confusion and I have other sigil options in place.

I'm an open-worlder, so I want to have options at hand. My torch has the Sigil of Malice, hence why I've 4/2 Tormenting and Perplexity (also, 4p Perplexity only does confusion when struck, I would imagine it to be useful if you're vs. significant bosses and not open world trash); it's only there until I can outfit myself in all Viper's.

Edit:
I've added Crystal Sands to the setup, and I can say I went from indifferent to adding it as a solid selector. Some areas that require me to do Mantra of Concentration will have me trading out dom sigil for such (midnight is still pretty much a must -- +20% duration). All I need is to make more Viper's things.

I LOVE LOVE crystal sands!

That burst of confusion damage really works out and it's a great way to influence confusion in groups. Single-target even more so. I might wind up switching to all Perplexity down the road, but I need to both generate more watchwork sprockets and get the other appropriate mats. Still, you've encouraged me to start working on those Viper's pieces!

@altermaven.7385 said:That burst of confusion damage really works out and it's a great way to influence confusion in groups. Single-target even more so. I might wind up switching to all Perplexity down the road, but I need to both generate more watchwork sprockets and get the other appropriate mats. Still, you've encouraged me to start working on those Viper's pieces!

:D I LOVE MIRAGE especially in raids now Im enjoying it SO MUCH

Archived