Returning player; Have a few general questions

I haven't played the game for probably about a year and just decided I need some more GW2 in my life. I just got PoF and am trying to get my bearings again, so my questions;

1) For my level 80 boost, only professions I don't have to 80 are ele, theif, and rev. Which one should I use it on? Which is the biggest pain to level?2) I have a warrior almost to 80 and this go around figured I would main them as to change it up from mesmer/guardian. What kind of place is warrior in for WvW and Fractals?3) Finally, what in general is just doing well in WvW/sPvP/Fractals and what is not? Just kind of want to know what is lacking and what is excelling atm. (Bonus points for 'why')

@Zexanima.7851 said:1) For my level 80 boost, only professions I don't have to 80 are ele, theif, and rev. Which one should I use it on? Which is the biggest pain to level?

None. Level 80 boosters give you horrible gear. Unless you're using those boosted characters just to get the mounts, then there is no reason to use the level 80 booster.

2) I have a warrior almost to 80 and this go around figured I would main them as to change it up from mesmer/guardian. What kind of place is warrior in for WvW and Fractals?

Fairly good I would say. If you know how to play the profession then you can be successful in both WvW and Fractals.

3) Finally, what in general is just doing well in WvW/sPvP/Fractals and what is not? Just kind of want to know what is lacking and what is excelling atm. (Bonus points for 'why')

Most professions are doing well in all of those gamemodes. All except for core engineer and Scrapper. ArenaNet hates those professions so much that they made the Holosmith, the braindead specialization that swings his weapon like an idiot the more viable profession, at least when it comes to Fractals and PvP. For WvW, not so much.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Zexanima.7851 said:1) For my level 80 boost, only professions I don't have to 80 are ele, theif, and rev. Which one should I use it on? Which is the biggest pain to level?

None. Level 80 boosters give you horrible gear. Unless you're using those boosted characters just to get the mounts, then there is no reason to use the level 80 booster.

It frees up the shared inventory slot, which can then be used for other, useful, things. I'd personally choose rev, or ele, but it really comes down to personal taste. Some people love Elementalist, presumably because they love pain and suffering or something. ;) (Seriously, though, whatever. Tastes vary, and none of them are especially hard to level.)

@Zexanima.7851 said:I haven't played the game for probably about a year and just decided I need some more GW2 in my life. I just got PoF and am trying to get my bearings again, so my questions;

1) For my level 80 boost, only professions I don't have to 80 are ele, theif, and rev. Which one should I use it on? Which is the biggest pain to level?As said above, none: learn the class, it will be more beneficial to you in the long run.

2) I have a warrior almost to 80 and this go around figured I would main them as to change it up from mesmer/guardian. What kind of place is warrior in for WvW and Fractals?

Wvw, war is taken with spellbreaker and used as front line boon hate and cc via winds of disenchantment and hammer skills. Fractals they're used as banner slaves(bs) or dps, or both depending on the build.

3) Finally, what in general is just doing well in WvW/sPvP/Fractals and what is not? Just kind of want to know what is lacking and what is excelling atm. (Bonus points for 'why')

Wvw zergs are war spellbreakers, guardi firebrand healers, necro scourge backline boon hate, ele/rev back liners. People are complaining it's getting close to another pirateship meta. Roaming, you'll usually just get 1shot by perma stealth thieves or mesmers (both especs). Pvp is mesmer, scourge, spellbreaker, and guardi pof espec dominated. Fractal meta is chrono boon share, might stack druid, 2-3 dps, amd a bs if you're only running 2 dps. Raid meta is 2 chrono 1 druid, 1 bs, 6 dps

Archived