Hey lets meet!

Hello! My name is Carter and i will be re-joining Guild Wars 2. I didnt play Guild Wars for many years and i want to come back.i just have a few questions:

• Server - Which server is the best one to pick? I know for PvP and PvE there is no difference because all servers are connected. But what about WvW. Is this a huge thing or does nobody mind at all?
  • Guild - Im starting all fresh so i wonder... Should i instantly join a guild (for guidance) or do people not invite (new) players?
  • What should my main focus be?
  • Does the pick of any race or class mather?

Im just looking for people to play with, chat with have a great time! I love to just fool around for time to time but also to be serious.My main goal is just to have fun (i dont mind in which playmode it is, PvE PvP or even WvW. They all seem very nice to play!)

Thanks for reading and i love to hear your opinions! <3

Hi! Welcome back!

1. When it comes to server, as you said it does not matter for PvP and PvE, soon it wont matter for WvW also anymore due to some big coming changes. So i suggest you just pick one of the "more filled" ones. In the end, doesnt matter too much.
  2. Alot of guilds are welcoming both new and old players, so if you wish to have company, talk to people, i suggest you join one asap. That way you will also make friends faster ;)
  3. Main focus ? Fully depends on you and your interests. I suggest starting a new character if you only played pre HoT, if you have the expansions, maybe go unlock the first mount and gliding. Will make the game alot more enjoyable.
  4. Race and Class dont matter too much, the only thing race affects are racial skills, which arent used that much. Just pick the race and class which you like the most/see as most interesting.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! ;D

Are you na or eu?

• Server - Which server is the best one to pick?Prederably one that isnt full. There's talk about reconstructing wvw, so it becomes more of a guild thing and less of a server thing. Eta on it is up in the air though. Full article herehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/26547/world-restructuring/p1

• Guild - Im starting all fresh so i wonder... Should i instantly join a guild (for guidance) or do people not invite (new) players?In my oppinion: yes, join a guild. Especially since wvw will be more about your guild some time in the future

• What should my main focus be?I'd say relearn the game. Alot has changed since you left, would prob be beneficial to make a new toon and start from scratch. Personally though, I play t4 fractals, dungeons here and there, amd thinking about rejoining my guild for raids.

• Does the pick of any race or class mather?Just for aesthetics. There are barely any armors that don't clip on charr. Same fir asura but not as bad as charr imo.

Im just looking for people to play with, chat with have a great time! I love to just fool around for time to time but also to be serious.

My main goal is just to have fun (i dont mind in which playmode it is, PvE PvP or even WvW. They all seem very nice to play!)

Jump in and see what clics for you is my best advice. Plenty of things to do from zerging, roaming, instanced content, amd meta events.

Thanks for reading and i love to hear your opinions! <3

Wb to gw2, your previous gear is still valid for the most part ?

Servers only matter for WvW. But for most players: You can have a fine WvW experience at any server. Just make sure you select a language and continent (NA/EU) that fits with your location. If you have friends already that you want to play WvW with, consider selecting the same server as they are playing on.

Guilds: Unless you already have friends playing the game, I would say this does not matter too much. You can have multiple guilds and try to find one that fits your play style. You can do this at any time and change later on.

Main focus: I would say: Exploring your professions gameplay and doing the personal story.

Race and class: Yes, this matters. A lot. You will have the most fun when you select a profession that fits your personality. For example: When you like playing as mage: pick something like an Elementalist. When you like to Leeroy into battle: Pick Warrior or Guardian. Also, some professions are more difficult to play well than others. Mesmer tends to be quite difficult for example and may not be ideal as your first profession. However, if Mesmer attracts you: just follow your heart.

All races are the same for stats, but have their own stories and cosmetics. Fashion tends to work out a little better on Humans, Norn and Sylvari. Asura are just very small making them a bit less visible and charr get a bit more clipping (display) issues with armors. But again: Pick what fits with your personality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carter! I see many new players ask many of the same questions you do and whenever I see them ask questions like that I try my best to answer and help.

A huge part of guild wars is community and building relationships in the game. Many people play guild wars for content, but some people can blow through it all really fast and get burned out on the game. Joining a guild is one of the best ways to get help and get enjoyment out of the game. There are many good guilds out there and there are sadly some bad ones. Many of the bad ones have been named "elitist" since they degrade members who know little about the game, don't understand, or don't perform according to their expectations. Regardless, there are many guilds out there that do focus on community and focus on helping everyone they can.

There are many mechanics to guild wars and I will be willing to help walk you through the game. Most of my time in Guild Wars is spent helping people in the game because I genuinely enjoy it. Over the past few months, many players I have helped have asked me to create a guild since I have the perfect "mentality" for being a guild leader as they say. I now finally decided to create one that is based on enjoying the game and helping players. You are by no means obligated to join and I will still help you if you say no. The guild is brand new and is lacking in players, but I am always looking for new players and new blood that can enjoy the game and the guild.

Guild Wars is an adventure. The races you choose differ from others slightly, but their end goal is pretty much the same. I recommend going through each race to enjoy and see what each race is about. Classes are also built on your play style. If you want to be a tank, evasion class, support, condition, dps, etc there is a class for you. If you know what fighting style you enjoy then I can point you in the right direction. All classes have unique attributes that make them enjoyable so I do recommend testing the waters to see how they are and how to fight against them.

Servers: I do believe you get one free server switch if you are unhappy with the server you chose, after that it does cost gems to switch servers.

Here is the link if you are interested: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/43959/the-wolves-of-tomorrow-guild#latest

Msg me in game if you need any help!User: ThePolarTitan.4025

Also, Welcome back!

Archived