Returning Player

So, I haven't touched this game in almost a year and I returned to the game buying both HoT and PoF expansions and played along the story line not knowing what the hell I am even doing. I noticed that most of my gear is HIGHLY inferior and I can barely survive. All I really need is a player who'd be willing to guide me through the game until I reach a stage where I can be fully self-reliant. I really don't know what I am doing, I am highly undergeared and I can't do anything such as fractals and raids with what I have. Any supportive players who are willing to help? I play on Gandara btw. I used my instant 80 boosts and I currently have a Weaver and a Mirage.Thank you

@"MasterPakku.2890" said:So, I haven't touched this game in almost a year and I returned to the game buying both HoT and PoF expansions and played along the story line not knowing what the hell I am even doing. I noticed that most of my gear is HIGHLY inferior and I can barely survive. All I really need is a player who'd be willing to guide me through the game until I reach a stage where I can be fully self-reliant. I really don't know what I am doing, I am highly undergeared and I can't do anything such as fractals and raids with what I have. Any supportive players who are willing to help? I play on Gandara btw. I used my instant 80 boosts and I currently have a Weaver and a Mirage.Thank you

You're in luck! Just the other day I put up a build concept for newer mirage players who struggle with the timing to survive in full glass gear. This setup is designed to be inexpensive (I outfitted a character for <20g in full 80 exotics and superior upgrades), easy to play (lots of signets so you can rely on passive effects), and very easy to survive with while still generating enough damage to take down enemies quickly (e.g. I was still able to beat the Champion Zintl Inquisitor before the add respawn). This isn't a fractal/raid build, but it should be exceptionally strong in general open world play.

Here's a link to the thread. You will find the new player-friendly version toward the very end of the thread as I just posted it the other day. There's a video of the build in action against an HoT HP champ with a bunch of adds and a link to the build on gw2 skills. Hope it helps, and let us know how it goes!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30394/open-world-domination-mirage/p4

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@"MasterPakku.2890" said:So, I haven't touched this game in almost a year and I returned to the game buying both HoT and PoF expansions and played along the story line not knowing what the hell I am even doing. I noticed that most of my gear is HIGHLY inferior and I can barely survive. All I really need is a player who'd be willing to guide me through the game until I reach a stage where I can be fully self-reliant. I really don't know what I am doing, I am highly undergeared and I can't do anything such as fractals and raids with what I have. Any supportive players who are willing to help? I play on Gandara btw. I used my instant 80 boosts and I currently have a Weaver and a Mirage.Thank you

You're in luck! Just the other day I put up a build concept for newer mirage players who struggle with the timing to survive in full glass gear. This setup is designed to be inexpensive (I outfitted a character for <20g in full 80 exotics and superior upgrades), easy to play (lots of signets so you can rely on passive effects), and very easy to survive with while still generating enough damage to take down enemies quickly (e.g. I was still able to beat the Champion Zintl Inquisitor before the add respawn). This isn't a fractal/raid build, but it should be exceptionally strong in general open world play.

Here's a link to the thread. You will find the new player-friendly version toward the very end of the thread as I just posted it the other day. There's a video of the build in action against an HoT HP champ with a bunch of adds and a link to the build on gw2 skills. Hope it helps, and let us know how it goes!

This is amazing! I highly appreciate this. Thank you so much <3By any chance can you tell me which armor were you using? The highly unfortunate thing about me is that I am low leveled tailor. I don't have enough experience to craft gear nor do I have the gold for it. So any idea what I can do?

@MasterPakku.2890 said:

@MasterPakku.2890 said:So, I haven't touched this game in almost a year and I returned to the game buying both HoT and PoF expansions and played along the story line not knowing what the hell I am even doing. I noticed that most of my gear is HIGHLY inferior and I can barely survive. All I really need is a player who'd be willing to guide me through the game until I reach a stage where I can be fully self-reliant. I really don't know what I am doing, I am highly undergeared and I can't do anything such as fractals and raids with what I have. Any supportive players who are willing to help? I play on Gandara btw. I used my instant 80 boosts and I currently have a Weaver and a Mirage.Thank you

This is amazing! I highly appreciate this. Thank you so much <3By any chance can you tell me which armor were you using? The highly unfortunate thing about me is that I am low leveled tailor. I don't have enough experience to craft gear nor do I have the gold for it. So any idea what I can do?

Take a look at the gw2 skills link toward the end of the thread. It has every detail of the build including traits, skills, and gear.

@MasterPakku.2890 said:So, I haven't touched this game in almost a year and I returned to the game buying both HoT and PoF expansions and played along the story line not knowing what the hell I am even doing. I noticed that most of my gear is HIGHLY inferior and I can barely survive. All I really need is a player who'd be willing to guide me through the game until I reach a stage where I can be fully self-reliant. I really don't know what I am doing, I am highly undergeared and I can't do anything such as fractals and raids with what I have. Any supportive players who are willing to help? I play on Gandara btw. I used my instant 80 boosts and I currently have a Weaver and a Mirage.Thank you

Take a look at the gw2 skills link toward the end of the thread. It has every detail of the build including traits, skills, and gear.

It just occurred to me that you might not know where to get the gear. I used rabid and a little bit of dire to keep cost low. It's all purchased from the trading post. No crafting required!

It just occurred to me that you might not know where to get the gear. I used rabid and a little bit of dire to keep cost low. It's all purchased from the trading post. No crafting required!

Perfect! Thank you so much. I am still trying to look for some decent stats for rabid and dire stats. Nothing yet but I'm looking around

@MasterPakku.2890 said:

Perfect! Thank you so much. I am still trying to look for some decent stats for rabid and dire stats. Nothing yet but I'm looking around

Okay, so when we talk about "rabid" and "dire" stats, these are names that correspond to a certain set of stats. "Rabid" is condition damage, with lesser amounts of precision and toughness, while "Dire" is condition damage with lesser amounts of vitality and toughness. The gear you're looking for may not actually have rabid or dire in the name, however (e.g. Most of your cheapest rabid armor pieces will have the name "Khilbron", such as "Khilbron's Boots"). So, open up the trading post and set your filters to level 80, exotic, with condition damage, precision, and toughness and you should find what you're looking for.

Archived