Mesmer isn’t the bane of conquest.

Poelala.2830

I finally played ranked since season five this season and I’m plat 1 or 2 depending on the time, and I find usually one or two Mesmers in ranked, probably because they don’t contribute much to team fights nor can they carry pugs because pugs don’t take portals and so on. Their role as a 1v1 is almost nullified by the fact that they cannot hold a node. Their condition damage, mobility, damage mitigation, stunbreaks, blind, boon removal and so on is entirely broken for 1v1, but it’s not the worst thing in conquest. The real bane of conquest for me, and the ones that show up the most in games, are scourges and firebrand.

You more or less answered your own topic in your post... Mesmer itself isn't annoying. Scourge itself isn't annoying. However, when you put together mesmers and scourges, it gets much more annoying..

You have a standard solo queue setup, you end up being forced to 1v1 mesmers on sides ( which are broken for 1v1 according to you) or fight scourges + others on mid ( which is arguably broken too if you don't have a good setup).

@Poelala.2830 said:I finally played ranked since season five this season and I’m plat 1 or 2 depending on the time, and I find usually one or two Mesmers in ranked, probably because they don’t contribute much to team fights nor can they carry pugs because pugs don’t take portals and so on. Their role as a 1v1 is almost nullified by the fact that they cannot hold a node. Their condition damage, mobility, damage mitigation, stunbreaks, blind, boon removal and so on is entirely broken for 1v1, but it’s not the worst thing in conquest. The real bane of conquest for me, and the ones that show up the most in games, are scourges and firebrand.

I can fight mesmers even as a core engineer. Sure, you have to multitask a lot especially when you're running two or three kits, but the effort is worth it and I managed to hold capture points against mesmers. If you have condition cleanse, blocks and AoE skills you won't have such a hard time.

@Abazigal.3679 said:You more or less answered your own topic in your post... Mesmer itself isn't annoying. Scourge itself isn't annoying. However, when you put together mesmers and scourges, it gets much more annoying..

You have a standard solo queue setup, you end up being forced to 1v1 mesmers on sides ( which are broken for 1v1 according to you) or fight scourges + others on mid ( which is arguably broken too if you don't have a good setup).

My post wasn’t a question nor did I say scourge and Mesmer weren’t annoying. I even said Mesmer’s ability to 1v1 is almost nullified by the fact that it can’t hold a node. What are you talking about?

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Poelala.2830 said:I finally played ranked since season five this season and I’m plat 1 or 2 depending on the time, and I find usually one or two Mesmers in ranked, probably because they don’t contribute much to team fights nor can they carry pugs because pugs don’t take portals and so on. Their role as a 1v1 is almost nullified by the fact that they cannot hold a node. Their condition damage, mobility, damage mitigation, stunbreaks, blind, boon removal and so on is entirely broken for 1v1, but it’s not the worst thing in conquest. The real bane of conquest for me, and the ones that show up the most in games, are scourges and firebrand.

I can fight mesmers even as a core engineer. Sure, you have to multitask a lot especially when you're running two or three kits, but the effort is worth it and I managed to hold capture points against mesmers. If you have condition cleanse, blocks and AoE skills you won't have such a hard time.

This is pretty much why I love D/D Tempest at the moment... Heals, Clears and AoE.Has helped me fight through the condi crap and the pewpews a lot lately.

Phantasms and Clones may break my bones but Lightning Whip excites me :heart:

Archived