GW2 Boxed copy?

I've got a paid account and a free one I made when they were introduced just to check it out and I honestly don't think I could play the free version for long.

It's great as a way to check out the game before buying because the content and how it plays is identical, and at low levels the restrictions aren't an issue, but over a long period of time they'd really annoy me. The things I miss most are the ability to talk in map chat, make more than 2 characters, buy and sell all unbound items and buy gems with gold, but as Cragga the Eighty Third said there's a lot more restrictions.

(Also you have to have a paid account to post on here, so unless you're talking about setting up a 2nd account there's absolutely no benefit to making a free one because you couldn't sell/gift the boxed copy once the account key has been used.)

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:Okay, here's a page that lists the differences between the free and paid versions, using your box set should avoid some of the restrictions.https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230165307-Guild-Wars-2-Account-Types-Free-Core-HoT-PoF

There actually turns out to be a lot of differences.

Thanks for the info that makes the decision much simpler. :)

Archived