Agony Cap

bam.5463

@bam.5463 said:After the 150 cap, what advantage more agony give to us? Worth it?****

Fractal potions work on total agony, not just the 150 cap, so you get more damage, defense, and movement from it. The benefits are extremely small, however, so it probably isn't worth the effort compared to simply selling the ingredients to other people via the trading post.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@bam.5463 said:After the
cap, what advantage more agony give to us? Worth it?****

Fractal potions work on total agony, not just the 150 cap, so you get more damage, defense, and movement from it. The benefits are extremely small, however, so it probably isn't worth the effort compared to simply selling the ingredients to other people via the trading post.

So technicaly the best setup would be full valkerie with enough agony to get 100% crit?

@yann.1946 said:

So technicaly the best setup would be full valkerie with enough agony to get 100% crit?That idea is hilarious.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:

So technicaly the best setup would be full valkerie with enough agony to get 100% crit?That idea is hilarious.

and probably impossible to do. :p

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

Let's do some simple math:5% base crit + 20% from fury = 25% crit without traits or talents which might boost this.5 AR = 0.38% crit75/0.38 = 197x5= 986 AR give or take986 - 45 (max bonus AR from masteries) - 10 AR from buff = 931 ARmaximum theoretical AR from all +30 infusions = 30x14= 420931-420 = 511 AR left to cover give or take

Not doable. Not even mentioning the fact that anything above +15s is already insanely expensive and anything above +20s are basically unobtainable.

You would have to cover approximately 39% crit with max 30 AR infusions to reach 100% (or talents).

Unless my math is off here or there because it is 2 in the morning and I just got home from a house party and might be slightly inebriate. ;)

@yann.1946 said:So dragonhunter might be doable the?And wasn't their a valkary building for power Reaper?

Maybe but honestly what for? Pve wise vita is useless and all fractals can be completed in berserker or assassin without issue. The gold required to make a valk build work this way is insane.

Also if we assume you run full +15 AR on all 14 slots (which is already insanely expensive) you are lacking another 15.9% crit from reducing from +30 AR.

So you now have to cover 54% crit.

As a DH, I don't think you need to do anything special in fractals. You have

5% base crit20% fury10% from burning foes50% from reta225 precision from the potions at 150 AR (=10.7%)100 precision from spotter (=4.7%)

That's 100% even without banners or anything else. Of course, you need a competent chrono for 100% reta uptime ...

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@yann.1946 said:So dragonhunter might be doable the?And wasn't their a valkary building for power Reaper?

Maybe but honestly what for? Pve wise vita is useless and all fractals can be completed in berserker or assassin without issue. The gold required to make a valk build work this way is insane.

Also if we assume you run full +15 AR on all 14 slots (which is already insanely expensive) you are lacking another 15.9% crit from reducing from +30 AR.

We'll for the extra stats mostly. I presume you're scolar uptime Will increase a little bit. I do wonder if you would get a better food/utility having the extra vitality

@"Cyninja.2954" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion

Let's do some simple math:5% base crit + 20% from fury = 25% crit without traits or talents which might boost this.5 AR = 0.38% crit75/0.38 = 197x5= 986 AR give or take986 - 45 (max bonus AR from masteries) - 10 AR from buff = 931 ARmaximum theoretical AR from all +30 infusions = 30x14= 420931-420 = 511 AR left to cover give or take

Not doable. Not even mentioning the fact that anything above +15s is already insanely expensive and anything above +20s are basically unobtainable.

You would have to cover approximately 39% crit with max 30 AR infusions to reach 100% (or talents).

Unless my math is off here or there because it is 2 in the morning and I just got home from a house party and might be slightly inebriate. ;)

Okay, so bit of napkin maths here, I made this build for a Soulbeast;gw2skills.net/editor/?vNEQJARTnE8CtCiN8C2CCs8iFPBjpXtrub5l2Vbs9ZFEAKcjIN-jBCBQBA4JAYuDBwIV+Rj9HawFAoRKBvk6P7RXw6gBg7yuA3d3dN2d3d3dXpAGVoF-e

The above build with all Valkyrie stats plus precision food and runes achieves 49.86% critical hit chance without fury. Thanks to the Vicious Quarry trait and the basically 100% uptime of fury on the greatsword we arrive at a maintainable 79.86% crit.

NOTE: I have included +5 precision infusions on all pieces here (can these go on anything higher than a +9 infusion?)

According to the previously stated 0.38% crit per 5 AR we can work out that the 162 AR on my build would equate to an additional 12.3% critical chance. We're now at 92.17% critical chance!Now assuming that we can't use the +5 attribute infusions because they are limited to +9 (someone confirm?) then we would be back down to 45.57% crit on our build (75.57% with fury).We are now 24.43% short, which if we multiply this by 0.38 we get 64.29. We multiply this result by 5 to reach 322 agony resistance required to make up this deficit. Entirely within the realms of possibility.

Assuming it is all correct then we get some monster stats:

• 2791 power
  • 26,322 hit points
  • 100% critical chance
  • 242% critical damagePlus it's a ranger so we get traited "Sick 'Em!" for an additional 40% damage increase 35% of the time

I may have done this completely wrong so feel free to correct me.

Anyone with the wallet to test this out for real?

@yann.1946 said:

We'll for the extra stats mostly. I presume you're scolar uptime Will increase a little bit. I do wonder if you would get a better food/utility having the extra vitality

Not really, since scholar up time is dependent on 90% max life, the added 200-300 more life leeway will not even make up for one extra hit in fractals. The damage is just to high. Stats are only useful if they contribute to your effectiveness. The added survival is not needed and even the tiny amount you get does not warrant the hefty gold investment.

@Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:

Okay, so bit of napkin maths here, I made this build for a Soulbeast;

The above build with all Valkyrie stats plus precision food and runes achieves 49.86% critical hit chance without fury. Thanks to the Vicious Quarry trait and the basically 100% uptime of fury on the greatsword we arrive at a maintainable 79.86% crit.

NOTE: I have included +5 precision infusions on all pieces here (can these go on anything higher than a +9 infusion?)

According to the previously stated 0.38% crit per 5 AR we can work out that the 162 AR on my build would equate to an additional 12.3% critical chance. We're now at 92.17% critical chance!Now assuming that we can't use the +5 attribute infusions because they are limited to +9 (someone confirm?) then we would be back down to 45.57% crit on our build (75.57% with fury).We are now 24.43% short, which if we multiply this by 0.38 we get 64.29. We multiply this result by 5 to reach 322 agony resistance required to make up this deficit. Entirely within the realms of possibility.

• 2791 power
  • 26,322 hit points
  • 100% critical chance
  • 242% critical damagePlus it's a ranger so we get traited "Sick 'Em!" for an additional 40% damage increase 35% of the time

You gain a ton of vitality on a spec which is not competitive even if the math is correct (which it seems). Again, why bother? I mean sure one could min max this with legendary gear but the net result is simply:

• a build only good for fractals
  • extra survivability which is not needed
  • not competitive damage output
  • no actual damage benefit since you will not outperform berserker gear, simply match it at best

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Not really, since scholar up time is dependent on 90% max life, the added 200-300 more life leeway will not even make up for one extra hit in fractals. The damage is just to high. Stats are only useful if they contribute to your effectiveness. The added survival is not needed and even the tiny amount you get does not warrant the hefty gold investment.

Well ofcourse its not worth it bit its An interesting toughtexperiment non the less.

You are fotgetting the extra Concentration andere toughness Tho. So you do might have slightly higher scolar uptime non the less. I mean its neglible but still their ;)

@Cyninja.2954 said:

• 2791 power
  • 26,322 hit points
  • 100% critical chance

You gain a ton of vitality on a spec which is not competitive even if the math is correct (which it seems). Again, why bother? I mean sure one could min max this with legendary gear but the net result is simply:
  • no actual damage benefit since you will not outperform berserker gear, simply match it at best

I think you may have misunderstood what is intended as a proof of concept, perhaps I should have quoted the guys joking about a full Valkyrie earlier in the thread instead. Apologies if it wasn't clear.

• Yes the build is intended only for fractals
  • I think the damage output is very good, at least on paper. It has the same power and ferocity as full berserker while swapping the precision for vitality. The build attains 100% crit chance by other means thus rendering the precision from berserker obsolete. Therefore the build is at least as good as berserker but with 66% more health.
  • Okay, so we're missing Sigil of Force and a 5%/10% damage buff from runes. I'll admit that. We could possibly fix this by swapping to runes of rage and dropping the Sigil of Perception but we may not be able to hit that magical 100% crit so easily (or perhaps not at all).

Again, this was only a fun exercise as a proof of concept and I only quoted you for your maths on agony > crit chance.

@Remus Darkblight.1673 said:

• 2791 power
  • 26,322 hit points
  • 100% critical chance

I think you may have misunderstood what is intended as a proof of concept, perhaps I should have quoted the guys joking about a full Valkyrie earlier in the thread instead. Apologies if it wasn't clear.
  • I think the damage output is very good, at least on paper. It has the same power and ferocity as full berserker while swapping the precision for vitality. The build attains 100% crit chance by other means thus rendering the precision from berserker obsolete. Therefore the build is at least as good as berserker but with 66% more health.
  • Okay, so we're missing Sigil of Force and a 5%/10% damage buff from runes. I'll admit that. We could possibly fix this by swapping to runes of rage and dropping the Sigil of Perception but we may not be able to hit that magical 100% crit so easily (or perhaps not at all).

Again, this was only a fun exercise as a proof of concept and I only quoted you for your maths on agony > crit chance.

I think I was unclear, I wasn't aware that power soulbeast (or ranger) was a thing at the moment. I believe condition damage is currently the build to go. Going power on rager is not competitive. If I am wrong obviously it would make for an interesting experiment.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

• 2791 power
  • 26,322 hit points
  • 100% critical chance

I think I was unclear, I wasn't aware that power soulbeast (or ranger) was a thing at the moment. I believe condition damage is currently the build to go. Going power on rager is not competitive. If I am wrong obviously it would make for an interesting experiment.

I used it for the Vicious Quarry trait - I guess you could use Revenant instead and go Roiling Mists which is even better. I went with Ranger because I know the class well.

EDIT: Also Ranger gets really easy access to fury on a somewhat effective build. If you went with Revenant your best bet would be Herald and to keep facet of darkness up at all times.

@CptAurellian.9537 said:That's not what he's talking about. He's saying that there's no point in doing such stuff when the entire build is bad and does not have competitive damage output, no matter what you do. That also applies to stuff like power rev.

This.

Don't get me wrong, I love to theorize and look for gimmick stuff. In this case one must also be careful though and consider people who might actually take this as recommendation.

Currently certain classes just don't have viable power builds (from a meta and efficiency perspective). Someone with 10 or 11 sets of ascended might not care, but an inexperienced newer player working on his first set might waste a lot of gold this way (though thankfully ascended can get stat changed).

Is it worth it? Probably not... unless you are into this kind of min-maxing:

To quote myself from another topic when we talked about druids:You have to consider the additional concentration from the Fractal Potions (1.5 concentration per AR if you have the mastery) and the up to 40 passive AR from the passive buffs. Tears of Alba (+10 - +15 AR) come into play also and so does Rigorous Certainty (+5 AR). Thus you can reach 222 when using +9/+5 infusions (not going to talk about +16 infusions). 222 AR results in 333 concentration which is around 22% boon duration. This would put any Full Harrier build at 117% boon duration. Far from ideal as boon duration is hard capped at 100%. You'd want to replace a certain number of gear pieces even at 150 AR (+15% boon duration) as it already puts you at 110% boon duration, something I see quite frequently.

@Plautze.6290 said:If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Plautze.6290 said:If you want Valk with more precision, why not take Marauder instead?I run full ascended Marauder on my perma-fury Warrior and have around 96% crit chance with precision sigil on my weapon and signet of fury in my skillbar.

Full Marauder will lose out on some power versus berserker so you are sacrificing damage overall. Personally I don't think this is a deal breaker and I can sympathize with people using their WvW gear in fractals, just pointing out the damage detail.

On the paper, I lose some DPS.Yet it is me bursting down those bosses and ressing the whole team after all the berzerker-users got one-shot.So I'd say it depends on more variables than just my stat selection. Full DPS is not always the best approach when the only damage which is maximized comes from your downed skills =)

Archived