Renewed Justice and Burn Guardian. Should it be changed?

UncleSwag.7930

The way Renewed Justice is currently triggered is on the death of an enemy that grants experience. Same as a stacking sigil would.

I, personally, find this to be extremely aggravating when trying to perform tome rotations around nearby enemy spawns when using firebrand. Occasionally i will cast it with the intent off getting the Cool-down rallied off the enemy, but it never resets. I'd like to see it changed to any enemy kill (aside from mosquito and other ambient mobs) will reset the cool-down. I think it's essential for it to be changed if Anet would like to maintain any viability or synergy with Permeating Wrath under Virtues.

Thoughts? Curious if anyone has had this issue or if there's a reason it shouldn't/couldn't be changed.

You can work around it with a little micro management. It only resets the CD if you are not currently in TOJ when you get the kill credit. The solution is to manually close the tome (use weapon swap if you don't have another hotkey set) just before your target dies. If your timing is correct it will reset on every kill.

As for changing it, it's kind of clunky, but true to the technical mechanics of the trait. The alternative is to let it reset pages while the tome is open, which would basically let you perma-burst in an AOE situation, and that would major OP. I mean, more then it already is.

@UncleSwag.7930 said:The way Renewed Justice is currently triggered is on the death of an enemy that grants experience. Same as a stacking sigil would.

I, personally, find this to be extremely aggravating when trying to perform tome rotations around nearby enemy spawns when using firebrand. Occasionally i will cast it with the intent off getting the Cool-down rallied off the enemy, but it never resets. I'd like to see it changed to any enemy kill (aside from mosquito and other ambient mobs) will reset the cool-down. I think it's essential for it to be changed if Anet would like to maintain any viability or synergy with Permeating Wrath under Virtues.

Thoughts? Curious if anyone has had this issue or if there's a reason it shouldn't/couldn't be changed.

Um, I'm not sure that's the intention of the skill in the first place. I find it more complicated to use, but it's reward is it's just plain better than DH or Core F1.

@Obtena.7952 said:Um, I'm not sure that's the intention of the skill in the first place. I find it more complicated to use, but it's reward is it's just plain better than DH or Core F1.

I'd agree, the reward is better. Although, i'd doubt that there was any lack of intent involving the skill's synergy with the trait. If anything it's simply an underappreciated minor trait that hasn't been fleshed out due to its specialization (ultimately) being out-shined by Zeal. When spec'ing for dps, there's no reason to take Permeating Wrath because it requires that Virtue of Justice be off cool-down.I feel like if it got fixed, i could maintain better condi damage with the Virtues Specialization. As is now, the specialization won't see justified use.

Personally, I find it refreshing that the interaction of this trait with Justice rewards superior awareness of NPCs. Even if you don't get the cooldown because the mob dies while Justice is active, it's still significantly better than then non-FB versions.

Yeah! don't get me wrong. It's not the fact that your cool-down doesn't reset when the tome is still active that bothers me. It's when i kill an enemy that doesn't count as a valid source of reward. An example being enemies that are spawned by other enemies; they won't drop rewards or exp, therefor, not rewarding a stacking sigil or resetting the cooldown of Virtue of Justice.

Personally, i enjoy the awareness required to know when to drop the tome to get the benefit. I just don't like it when i DO it and don't get the reset cooldown.

Archived