Account recovery

My husband and I recently came back to the game, however, my husband lost his password. He opened a support ticket stating that he no longer has the game key (but does have all the account information as well as the email address used for the account). He received an auto response that the ticket has been received - last week - and hasn't heard back yet.

We'd like to buy the expansions and play the game. But we're stuck in limbo.

Is he going to be able to get his account back? Or should we just give up and move on? I'm not going to buy the expansions on my account until he has access to his; it just wouldn't make sense to do so.

@"teasbee.7851" said:My husband and I recently came back to the game, however, my husband lost his password. He opened a support ticket stating that he no longer has the game key (but does have all the account information as well as the email address used for the account). He received an auto response that the ticket has been received - last week - and hasn't heard back yet.

We'd like to buy the expansions and play the game. But we're stuck in limbo.

Is he going to be able to get his account back? Or should we just give up and move on? I'm not going to buy the expansions on my account until he has access to his; it just wouldn't make sense to do so.Wait it out; you will hear back, but maybe not "soon."I wish I had better news.

ANet support has been backed up for as long as 2+ weeks since a month or three ago. There was an unexpected wave of requests after a variety of events (lots of other returning players) and they were apparently not at full strength. They have since told us that they are hiring and training... and all of that takes time to make a noticeable difference to us as customers.

(Just to be clear: I'm not defending ANet "letting" it get that bad, especially since the first massive wave of requests was predictable, even if the later two were not. Still, given that it did get that bad, they are apparently doing everything within their power to fix the current backlog as quickly as any profitable business could.)

Yeah, definitely doubleplusungood.PS don't create multiple tickets (and close them, if you did). Multiple tickets about the same issue slows them down and adds to the backlog, since they have to consolidate all the details in each ticket. (And, they've told us, sometimes the details don't match up in a way that requires further investigation.)

If your husband figures out a new clue to prove identity, do go ahead and update the original ticket with those details.

Sorry for the wait.

Yeah, we haven't created any additional tickets. I posted here because I wasn't sure it would get resolved. But now I know it will, just some delay, so I went ahead and upgraded my account, plus bought him updates via the web site.

Now, figuring out the new elite specializations may take slightly longer than for him to recover his account. Much swearing involved.

@"teasbee.7851" said:Yeah, we haven't created any additional tickets. I posted here because I wasn't sure it would get resolved. But now I know it will, just some delay, so I went ahead and upgraded my account, plus bought him updates via the web site.

Now, figuring out the new elite specializations may take slightly longer than for him to recover his account. Much swearing involved.

You know about https://metabattle.com/ right? If not, you just learned. The biggest thing I like about it is that it doesn't just say "do this", it gives options for what you might change, and why, and so makes it much more useful for learning as well as obeying.

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:You know about https://metabattle.com/ right? If not, you just learned. The biggest thing I like about it is that it doesn't just say "do this", it gives options for what you might change, and why, and so makes it much more useful for learning as well as obeying.

I found the Dulfy guides useful because at least some of them explained the reasoning behind choices, including why full glass gives better results than defensive stats, and why Mesmer power builds might want to use Assassin's rather than Berserker's gear. (And also that the Mesmer thing doesn't make a lot of difference.)

@"SlippyCheeze.5483" said:You know about https://metabattle.com/ right? If not, you just learned. The biggest thing I like about it is that it doesn't just say "do this", it gives options for what you might change, and why, and so makes it much more useful for learning as well as obeying.

Yep! I found that yesterday and have been reading.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:I found the Dulfy guides useful because at least some of them explained the reasoning behind choices, including why full glass gives better results than defensive stats, and why Mesmer power builds might want to use Assassin's rather than Berserker's gear. (And also that the Mesmer thing doesn't make a lot of difference.)

I also came across Dulfy yesterday but didn't read it. I will take your recommendation, however, and go do some reading. Thanks!

Archived