S/D Deadeye Build

Elxdark.9702

Yo, hitzer here and today I bring you another s/d build. This time I used Deadeye Acro Trickery.Before saying anything please take this in mind, this build has been only tested in ranked and ATs so I don't know how well it does in 5v5 tryhard man (probably bad)

I have to say that its predecessor (s/d core) is better atm mostly because steal is way better than mark and stolen abilities are much better in 1v1.Having said that.... this build is freaking fun to play it has crazy quickness uptime a lot of stuns and the mobility is great too.

Build

So how does this work? I'm still figuring out what role this build does the best to get its best potential but for now it does really good at 1v1s and teamfight because again people will not expect the 3 quickness stuns from your 3 marks, yes you have 3 marks.We have 3 marks or 2 if you don't want to take mercy but I love mercy, it's so good in many many situations, after every mark you get 4 sec of quickness and if you mark lands your next hit is a stun.You get the idea? this is an assault build where you go throw your marks and try to kill the enemy as fast as you can, it's funny because it does the opposite of what Deadeye was made for lol.

The survivability part is really good also don't get me wrong, rifle 4 is the key. I'm still working on it and I need to find out all the good spots to teleport, sadly atm it's really bugged so expect to get stuck when you're doing it backwards but it feels so good when you disengage using 3 times rifle 4 and you're almost out of combat, and you still have sword 2 to kite and troll enemies.Take shadow meld for safe stomps and disengage also works for sword stealth attack but I mostly use it in clutch situations.

I'm still learning it so don't expect me to be a god using this but in my opinion this has a lot of potential, if they do some buffs and tweaks to deadeye/rifle (malice regen/mark cast time/rifle 4) it would actually be really good.I still need to get more exp to deduce good/bad matchups but for now I would say that it mostly has the very same matchup as s/d core but chrono/dp dash are harder due to mark being way worse than steal and the stolen ablities, also this is the build does extremely well against spellbreakers if played well, so if you're looking for a good thief build vs spellbreakers in ranked then this is the way to go.

My twitch Channel

I'm trying to stream more often so follow me if you want to see this build in action.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:Hmm, I see no real reason to run s/d with deadeye but pistilwhip bombing does suit the build much better. Atm core s/d rains superior but it's still early days yet.

As I said s/d core is superior not because the build is worse but mechanics. Steal is simply way better than mark and the stolen abilities from steal are way better than the mark ones.

I may try s/p yeah, but my problem with s/p is that it's too stationary even with the quickness. Good players will just avoid the pistol whip and all your damage will be gone.But it could work.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Jinks.2057 said:You don't use SB?

DE with SB you can still fulfill the decap +1 role. The problems with rifle 4 prevent this.

rifle is actually better than SB for mobility, you just need to get used to it.

I've tried to rifle 4 to places in wvw that shortbow 5 can get to and haven't been able to hit most of them and some topography is pretty crucial to be able to get to quickly. Rifle is nice as a jump back but then so is sb 3. I'm not complaining though, rifle 2 has done fine in combat.

@kash.9213 said:

@Elxdark.9702 said:

DE with SB you can still fulfill the decap +1 role. The problems with rifle 4 prevent this.

I've tried to rifle 4 to places in wvw that shortbow 5 can get to and haven't been able to hit most of them and some topography is pretty crucial to be able to get to quickly. Rifle is nice as a jump back but then so is sb 3. I'm not complaining though, rifle 2 has done fine in combat.

I actually agree with you I don't know about wvw but I still need to test more spots in pvp there are a lot that are working right now but probably SB is still better right now than rifle for mobility because rifle 4 bugs too much and in random places.I'm getting used to it and it's not bad also it's really good against scourges.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

Nope.

Rifle doesn't have the ability to travel the z axis currently. It also is quite bugged and you go nowhere due to random terrain issues.

So until it's fixed it's a No

@"All Matters Fecal.9560" said:If it's quickness you want, Rune of Leadership fits the build much, much better. Condition clear is an issue with all the aoe condi and it's associated cover condis flying around. Mobility of rifle is garbage...not sure what you mean "get used to it".

If you use any other rune that isn't based on power then you will lose dps, I have tested it personally.Leadership looks good on paper but you will lose dps, strength rune is the best damage output you can get using this build, if you really want more boon duration then you can pick surging.

Rifle mobility is not garbage, I may be wrong saying that it's better than sb but it's still really good for mobility, until they fix the leap path sb will be better though.I mean you need to learn the spots and you need to use free camera+about face so you can spam it faster.

@Elxdark.9702 said:I agree, I may be wrong about rifle mobility right now due to the contanst bugs it has.For escape/get away is way better than SB imo.

Rifle only beats SB due to stealth then 4, BUT the inconsistency of the retreat still makes me say SB > rifle.

if they fix rifle though then I'd say yes

Tested a similar build, using rune of the pack. At the moment it does quite well in 1v1 but overall I do less damage with it at the end of match (compared to core s/d). The loss of mug, standard stolen abilities and panic strike results in a loss of damage, even with great quickness uptime. Btw. I think sb is superior especially on maps like kyhlo and temple.

@Elxdark.9702 said:Rifle mobility is not garbage, I may be wrong saying that it's better than sb but it's still really good for mobility, until they fix the leap path sb will be better though.I mean you need to learn the spots and you need to use free camera+about face so you can spam it faster.

Rifle mobility is actually really good, albeit inconsistent and only good when you want to run from a fight. It doesn't allow for re-positioning, it bugs out on terrain, and using it as a gap closer is really tricky due to it always teleporting you AWAY from your target no matter where you are facing, unlike say Roll for Initiative. It is super annoying in the better than average situation, though. 1v1/1v2 on flat(ish) ground.

Archived