PVE. has anybody tried to play as a scourge support?

lagrimabendita.8763

Only in the beta and only in open world. I was able to stay alive solo against the bounty mobs(most of them, the Hyena that was heavy on knock downs killed me every time.). For party support, people still need to dodge attacks and use their heals, but its decent.I'm sure it will be great in fractals, raids not sure. In fact i played fractals yesterday with full viper and blood magic and it was kinda ok. Its a lot squishier without the insta go in shroud life saver, but its playable and the damage is pretty good too.

Seems fairly useless in raids, at least - at the end of the day, the things a scourge brings are these:

1. Condi Cleanse
  2. Might
  3. Barrier

Condi cleanse is great in the few places it matters.Might is outright useless due to the range, you want a 2nd cPS anyway.Barrier decays very quickly. Barriert is good to prevent trouble - but a chrono can do the same, just better. We can smoothen out spikes, a chrono just prevents it altogether.

The one time I can see our support matter is when there are plenty of spikes, like every few seconds. Then you could do a rotation, first one first chrono, second one scourge, third one second chrono, fourth one scourge. But there isn't exactly a good place to do so yet.

We're a dps with minor benefit, little more. Which is already more than we expected, so it's good enough for me.

Archived