Guardian Shouts - Suggested changes

TheSwede.9512

With the new Balance Patch, Warrior's Shouts were given a look-over that should improve their usefulness in many situations (Even for shouts that already saw use in certain game modes, such as "For great justice!"). So, next in line should be Guardian's Shout repertoire, which has never really been -that- bad, they've just been left untouched as other skills were powered up or fixed, leaving them in the dust of obsoletion. I don't think they need a complete overhaul, but with the introduction of Firebrand and Mantras, they've kinda lost their position as the "Go-to Instant Activation Boon supply" role they filled before. So, here are a few suggested changes to them and their connected trait. I'm aiming to make Shouts more High Impact/Low Frequency vs Mantras Low Impact/High Frequency playstyle.

"Recieve the light!"

• Changed into a PBAoE skill with a Radius of 360 (Max range reduced by approx 40%).
  • Channel duration reduced to 2s (20% reduction).

"Hold the Line!"

• Still grants Protection (6s) and Regeneration (6s) on Application.
  • Allies now gain a unique buff called Holding the Line for 4s, which prevents their Boons from being Corrupted, Stolen or Stripped.
  • Cooldown increased to 40s in PvP/WvW

"Retreat!"

• Still grants Swiftness (20s) and Aegis (20s) on Application.
  • Removes Movement-impairing (Cripple, Chill, Immobilize and Torment) Conditions from affected Allies.
  • Allies now gain a unique buff called Retreating for 4s, which prevents the application of Movement-Impairing Conditions.

"Stand Your Ground!"

• No Changes needed.

"Save yourselves!"

• Changed Functionality.
  • Breaks Stun for Affected Allies and Heals them. Base Healing: 2.360 (x0.5).
  • Taunts (1 1/2s) All nearby Enemies and Converts 1 Condition on yourself into a Boon for each Enemy Taunted. Max number of Targets: 5.
  • Cooldown remains at 50s.

"Feel My Wrath!"

• No Changes Needed.

Pure of Voice

• Changed functionality.
  • Shout Skills now affect 10 Allies rather than 5.
  • Shouts recharge Virtue of Resolve by a set amount for each affected ally. Recharge per Ally: 1/2s.
  • Shouts Recharge 20% Faster.

I approve of the change to Hold the Line since as it is right now, it's a terrible utility skill. It was once a viable choice that hasn't at all kept up with the power creep of the game. Alternatively if it gave a buff that wasn't a boon (and thus not corruptible) that would also be a decent update.

Archived