Where can learn the Lore of Guild Wars

Lazytophat.4382

New player want to know story and friends want to kill me for constantly asking for who is this and why is that. Where can I find the complete story up till likestart of HoT since playing the game will explain stuff at that point and further. Also do I need people to give me the "helpful" thing to get to a second star? It's been a few days and still 1 star

thanks

A good way too is to play the original gw1, storylines, prophecies, factions, nightfall, Eye of the North, gw beyond, bonus mission pack to get the most out of the lore. There is also wooden potatoes gw1 play through on YouTube as well.

The wiki can also give a pretty decent summary of the current events as well, although it might be more fun to play through the events for yourself if you can. Also (and someone is going to correct me if I have the syntax wrong on this), you can type "/wiki [subject]" to instantly call up the wiki article related to the person, place or thing.

I created this a few months back, it's more up to date than @"hauteclaire.4327"'s link, if you want to catch up via summary to the current plot (Season 4), but solely directs you to sources rather than summarizes it.

To quote:

Starting with the wiki:

EDIT: The Abridged Version, for people too lazy to dig and just want "the essentials:"

Archived