POF - Jackal Reconnaisance

TefVandal.3415

My memory is a bit fuzzy here, but this event occurs right after I got the jackal renown heart. The djinn gives you three scrolls that I need to bring to three NPCs. So, I brought one to Nori Mahat, who points me to an outpost in the desolation to retrieve an intel from a Veteran Awakened Lieutenant. I got there, (NE of the WP in Scourgeway(?))* and maybe I did not pick up the item in time, but after I defeated the Lieutenant and the mob, the item was not there. I couldn't pick it up. I went back to Mahat, and the NPC said I still need to grab the intel item. So I defeated the Awakened Lieutenant several more times, but no results. Did I run into a bug?

I held down the CTRL key to identify key interactable objects in the scenery, but nothing.

Thanks in advance. I really need to get rid of these scrolls in my inventory. :/

Same story. More over i remember there being a white document on the ground, but it wasn't an object one can interact with. it acted more like just a texture or part of terrain. Yet i haven't seen it again when i kept on killing the lieutenants...

PS. I'm hutning them at Chukeht Overlook. If that's the wrong spot let me know here please.

It is the one around here-ish, circled in cyan with my awesome (/s) paint skills.https://imgur.com/uz8P0Hi

I got to the point again today around 10 minutes ago, and the Intel item was there. I managed to pick it up this time.

QA Team, if you are listening, these are the factors I have considered as to how this bug happened:1- I was picking up the item, but I got interrupted by an enemy NPC. As there is no progress bar to pick up the item, I theorize that I was picking up the item at the same time I got hit.2- I was picking up the item, but I interrupted the process to dodge/attack an enemy, or some other action that will interrupt the pickup process.

In both cases, the game may have erroneously registered my character as having picked up the item.

@TefVandal.3415 said:It is the one around here-ish, circled in cyan with my awesome (/s) paint skills.https://imgur.com/uz8P0Hi

I got to the point again today around 10 minutes ago, and the Intel item was there. I managed to pick it up this time.

QA Team, if you are listening, these are the factors I have considered as to how this bug happened:1- I was picking up the item, but I got interrupted by an enemy NPC. As there is no progress bar to pick up the item, I theorize that I was picking up the item at the same time I got hit.2- I was picking up the item, but I interrupted the process to dodge/attack an enemy, or some other action that will interrupt the pickup process.

In both cases, the game may have erroneously registered my character as having picked up the item.

There was already a bugfix for it yesterday.

Archived