[Elite Suggestion] Dark Martyr

Regon Phoenix.8215

Theme: at some point of time bunch of necromancers got disillusioned by both Dhuum and Grenth, and started to move away from examples these gods presented. These necromancers searched for new inspiration and source of power/wisdom through out the world. Many of them were recruited (either by persuasion or by force) to serve Elder Dragon Zhaitan, but after its defeat these necromancers lost their way once again. However, they finally banded together in faraway east, and by pooling their knowledge and unique skills together they finally built a new school of necromancy.Living among undeads and practicing necromancy among them eventually yielded something what other necromancers weren't unable to achieve. By performing many experiments on the Risen, taking in Elder Dragon's power and perfecting new dark magic these necromancers evolved their dark magic into something new.However, when Elder Dragon was defeated, these necromancers left the Risen, but because they were shunned and hated by other, they banded together trying to built something for themselves. They also started regret their achievements, tried to repent their sins committed while they worked for the dragon. In their loneliness, shame and repentance they founded something like a religion - based not on one deity, but rather in self-punishment and search for forgiveness. These necromancers set a belief system with strict rules, and heavily influenced by new magic they created, which allowed them to attain truly new form of necromancy. At its core this new school have foundations centered around Elder Dragon's powers and knowledge attained through experimentation with the undeads, but through training of body and mind as well as following three core beliefs this school of necromancy become what is now called as "Dark Martyr". And three core beliefs of every Dark Martyr are:1) Existence is pain. As the living suffer to be alive, so we shall suffer as well and share their burden of life;2) My sins are the greatest, so i need to repent the most. I shall do everything to wash my sins away;3) There is no salvation for the sinners, so i shall live until i become redeemed.Though, Dark Martyrs seek knowledge about realm of torment and indirectly are powered by it, but they do that simply because out of fear, because they view realm of torment (as well as underworld) as ultimate punishment and the worst what could happen to them.

Adept Minor Trait (The Repentant One)Unlock Sword for your both hand and allow you to use Sacrifice abilities.Replace Death Shroud with Martyr's Shroud and reduce your maximum life force by 15%.

Adept Major Trait Line

• Major Trait 1 (Filthy Hands)Switching weapons while in combat will grant you vigor for 3 sec. Weapon swap will recharge 2 sec faster.
  • Major Trait 2 (Forgive Selfishness)Performing a combo finisher will grant you regeneration for 4 sec. Cooldown: 10 sec.
  • Major Trait 3 (Victims of Redemption)Scoring a critical hit with a sword will grant you retaliation for 3 sec (cooldown: 15 sec). Gain 40 bonus Precision for every sword equipped.

-

Master Minor Trait (Delay Punishment)Gain Vigor for 4 sec when you dodge while in combat.

Master Major Trait Line

• Major Trait 4 (Unworthy to Die)Heal yourself for 200 (scales with power) health when you avoid an attack. Increase this healing by 50% while you have regeneration or retaliation.
  • Major Trait 5 (Strength of Forgiveness)Gain 80 bonus power and condition damage while you have regeneration.
  • Major Trait 6 (Glory of Iron Maiden)Deal 10% more damage while you have retaliation. Increase duration of your F2 by 1 sec.

-

Grandmaster Minor Trait (Avoid the End)Dodging while in combat will siphon health from nearby enemies. Damage: 240 (scales with power). Healing: 310 (scales with healing power). Radius: 450.

Grandmaster Major Trait Line

• Major Trait 7 (One of the Damned)Your standard dodge gets replaced by Torment's Step.
  • Major Trait 8 (Path to Forgiveness)Entering Shroud will cause you to perform Whirl Combo Finisher at your location. Deal 5% more damage while in Shroud.
  • Major Trait 9 (Ready for Punishment)Gain retaliation for 2 sec when you use one of your Sacrifice abilities. Sacrifice abilities no longer consume your health.

-

Torment's StepTravel a distance while evading all attacks. Deal damage to nearby enemies and inflict torment on them while traveling. Heal yourself for percentage of direct damage done by this ability.

• Casting time: instant
  • Range: 300
  • Distance traveled: 300
  • Evasion: 3/4 sec
  • Damage: 450 (scales with power)
  • Torment: 3 stacks for 5 sec
  • Damage done converted to healing: 30%
  • Leap Combo Finisher

Sword 1 (Gray Cut)First hit of three hit chain. Slash your target dealing damage and inflict bleeding on your target.

• Casting time: 1/2 sec
  • Range: 130
  • Damage: 300 (scales with power)
  • Bleed: 1 stack for 6 sec
  • Number of enemies hit: up to 3
  • Life force gain per enemy hit: 1%

-

Sword 1 (Through the Dark)Second hit of three hit chain. Slash your target dealing damage to it. Deal more damage for every stack of bleed on it.

• Bonus damage per stack of bleeding: 30 (scales with power)
  • Life force gain per enemy hit: 1%

-

Sword 1 (White Redemption)Third hit of three hit chain. Attempt to decapitate your target dealing heavy damage to it and inflict torment equal to the number of bleeding stack on enemy.

• Casting time: 3/4
  • Damage: 600 (scales with power)
  • Torment per stack of bleed: 1 stack for 3 sec
  • Life force gain per enemy hit: 2%

-

Sword 2 (Leap of Martyr)Leap forward (toward your target) and perform an attack. Perform Leap Combo Finisher when you land. Gain life force if you successfully perform Leap Combo Finisher.

• Range: 600
  • Cooldown: 8 sec
  • Damage: 500 (scales with power)
  • Life force gain: 5%

-

Sword 3 (Vast Redemption)Shadowstep and perform an attack against all nearby enemies while evading. Inflict bleeding on all enemies you hit.

• Duration: 3/4 sec
  • Radius: 600
  • Cooldown: 12 sec
  • Damage: 550
  • Evasion: 3/4 sec

-

Sword 4 (Bleeding Maiden)For a short duration bleed any enemy who strike you in melee range. In addition, take less damage from projectiles while this ability lasts

• Cooldown: 18 sec
  • Duration: 3 sec
  • Bleed: 1 stack for 8 sec
  • Projectiles damage reduction: 33%

-

Sword 5 (Stigma Slash)Step through shadows and attack your target dealing damage and inflicting torment on your target. Deal more damage against bleeding enemy.

• Cooldown: 15 sec
  • Damage: 650 (scales with power)
  • Torment: 3 stacks for 6 sec
  • Evasion: 1/2 sec
  • Bonus damage against bleeding enemies: 20%
  • Life force gain: 5%

F1 (Martyr's Shroud)Cause right-hand side of your body to enter shroud. While in this Shroud your Weapon 1, Weapon 2 and Weapon 3 abilities will be replaced with Shroud abilities. In addition, you can still use your healing, utility and elite abilities while in this shroud.

• Cooldown: 10 sec

-

F2 (Dark Sanctuary)Create an area of repentance at your current location for a short duration. Allies who get hit while inside of this area will gain retaliation for short duration. Retaliation can't be granted to same unique ally more than once every second. (Counts as Shroud 4 for all related traits)

• Duration: 4 sec
  • Cooldown: 30 sec
  • Life force cost: 2500
  • Damage (5x): 800 (scales with power)
  • Retaliation: 1 sec
  • Dark Combo Field

-

Shroud 1 (Vast Defilement)First hit of three hit chain. Inflict damage to all enemies in front of you and bleed them.

• Damage: 450 (scales with power)
  • Bleed: 1 stack for 4 sec

-

Shroud 1 (Defile Defilers)Second hit of three hit chain. Inflict damage to all enemies in front of you and torment them.

• Damage: 500 (scales with power)
  • Torment: 1 stack for 3 sec

-

Shroud 1 (Exorcise Defilement)Third hit of three hit chain. Inflict damage to all enemies in front of you and deal more damage per every unique condition on them.

• Damage: 350 (Scales with power)
  • Bonus damage per unique condition: 50 (scales with power)

-

Shroud 2 (Forceful Confession)Teleport forwards (to your target) and deal damage to all enemies when you land. Perform Leap and Whirl Combo Finishers when you land.

• Cooldown: 10 sec

-

Shroud 3 (Word of Damning)Taunt enemies who are within range threshold. Inflict fear on enemies who are further away. Gain retaliation for every enemy taunted.

• Radius: 900
  • Range threshold: 450
  • Taunt: 2 sec
  • Fear: 1 sec
  • Retaliation per enemy taunted: 1 sec

Healing Sacrifice (Glorious Sacrifice)Consume one of your boons. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Heal yourself instantly and over duration.

• Cooldown: 40 sec
  • Self-Torment: 1 stack for 8 sec
  • Instant healing: 3000 (scales with healing power)
  • Healing over time: 3000 (scales with healing power)
  • Duration: 6 sec

-

Utility Sacrifice 1 (Sacrifice of Protection)Consume one of your boons and some of your health. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Stunbreak yourself, gain stability and protection.

• Cooldown: 25 sec
  • Health cost: 1000
  • Stability: 3 stacks for 6 sec
  • Protection: 12 sec

-

Utility Sacrifice 2 (Unwilling to Repent)Consume one of your boons and some of your health. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Inflict bleeding and torment on your target.

• Cooldown: 20 sec
  • Bleeding: 5 stacks for 10 sec
  • Torment: 4 stacks for 8 sec

-

Utility Sacrifice 3 (Delay Eternity)Consume one of your boons and some of your health. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Instantly restore your endurance.

-

Utility Sacrifice 4 (Sacrifice for Blessings)Consume one of your boons and some of your health. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Steal up to 2 boons from all nearby enemies. Heal yourself for every boon stolen.

• Casting time: 3/4 sec
  • Healing per boon stolen: 150 (scales with healing power)
  • Maximum healing per ability cast: 1500 (scales with healing power)

-

Elite Sacrifice (The Last Prayer)Consume one of your boons and some of your health. If you have no boons on yourself, then inflict torment on yourself. Teleport forwards (to your target), create Dark Combo Field when you land and immobilize all enemies inside of this field. In addition, perform Leap and Whirl Combo Finishers twice when you land.

• Cooldown: 40 sec
  • Health cost: 2000
  • Self-Torment: 2 stack for 8 sec
  • Dark Combo Field: 4 sec
  • Field radius: 240
  • Immobilize: 1 sec

Few possible builds:1) Blood Magic + Spite + Dark Martyr (or) Blood Magic + Curses + Dark Martyr = decent support options and very good self-healing2) Curses + Soul Reaping + Dark Martyr = heavy condition damage both at long and at close range3) Spite + Soul Reaping + Dark Martyr = heavy melee direct damage

I really like all this... like, REALLY.

If I may give my opinion, though, there are a few things I find could use improvements/changes.The precision granted by the trait "Victims of Redemption" seems much too small to be impact-full in any way. I would suggest changing it so it grants -20% recharge times of the sword's abilities.
Also, I find the idea of consuming boons to be an excellent opportunity to add some new effect to each Sacrifice ability.For example, should you consume stability with "The Last Prayer", you would inflict Fear on all targets you strike!Or if you consume Quickness with "Unwilling to Repent", you would also inflict Slow unto your target!

Like I said, I REALLY love this idea you got going!I want to see it live!

@"killfil.3472" said:The precision granted by the trait "Victims of Redemption" seems much too small to be impact-full in any way. I would suggest changing it so it grants -20% recharge times of the sword's abilities.

Sounds fair. But, keep in mind that:1) Most usual weapon related traits nearly always give cooldown reduction, so that might be too bland;2) Bonus precision (second part of trait) directly affect retaliation on critical hit (first part of the trait), so this bonus precision synergies with itself very well;3) If you build for condition damage and lack precision from gear, even small number of precision would be nice.

@"killfil.3472" said:Also, I find the idea of consuming boons to be an excellent opportunity to add some new effect to each Sacrifice ability.For example, should you consume stability with "The Last Prayer", you would inflict Fear on all targets you strike!Or if you consume Quickness with "Unwilling to Repent", you would also inflict Slow unto your target!

Yeah, i know that might be lots of fun, but you would need to have a reliable way to generate these boons and losing them before consuming them would be bad. Also, it might be too hard too implement regarding balancing stuff.

@"killfil.3472" said:The precision granted by the trait "Victims of Redemption" seems much too small to be impact-full in any way. I would suggest changing it so it grants -20% recharge times of the sword's abilities.

Sounds fair. But, keep in mind that:1) Most usual weapon related traits nearly always give cooldown reduction, so that might be too bland;2) Bonus precision (second part of trait) directly affect retaliation on critical hit (first part of the trait), so this bonus precision synergies with itself very well;3) If you build for condition damage and lack precision from gear, even small number of precision would be nice.

@"killfil.3472" said:Also, I find the idea of consuming boons to be an excellent opportunity to add some new effect to each Sacrifice ability.For example, should you consume stability with "The Last Prayer", you would inflict Fear on all targets you strike!Or if you consume Quickness with "Unwilling to Repent", you would also inflict Slow unto your target!

Yeah, i know that might be lots of fun, but you would need to have a reliable way to generate these boons and losing them before consuming them would be bad. Also, it might be too hard too implement regarding balancing stuff.

Archived