End gaming and weaver builds?

Dave.5728

So, when I start the game, the enemies seemed pretty reasonable in the difficulty setting. Could do damage, but strafing and self-heals kept me alive, (and it made it a little more interesting than feeling OP like in WoW). But now I'm at the end game, and using my weaver skills and I just can't seem to strive that well, especially in the stories. Even with strafing and NPC backup, I sometimes die several times. It gets quite frustrating.

I keep going over the list for each trait line, but honestly, I wish there were some game dev hints on which would be more effective for what (aside from how the four element ones work that is). Since most enemies tend to close the gap quickly and swarm, I'm trying to find a build that does moderate melee damage as a weaver while at the same time, keeping me from losing 1/3 of my HP with a single hit. Can anyone help me figure this out? :anguished:

weaver is hard to master, I completed all the game Story using my Weaver, the trick in my opinion is to know how to alternate between damage and healing, for example if an enemy is close range I go Fire earth, the skill number 3 surrounds you with a fire shield that burns enemies in close range, then I go water for healing, then fire fire and repeat, that and how you combine the traits is key to survival. I use fire traits arcane and Weaver (obviously haha )

@Altion.9576 said:weaver is hard to master, I completed all the game Story using my Weaver, the trick in my opinion is to know how to alternate between damage and healing, for example if an enemy is close range I go Fire earth, the skill number 3 surrounds you with a fire shield that burns enemies in close range, then I go water for healing, then fire fire and repeat, that and how you combine the traits is key to survival. I use fire traits arcane and Weaver (obviously haha )

Ahh, I see. So, you used the sword for the main hand weapon, which did you use for off-hand? I have a dagger for more offensive moves, but I also have a focus in case I needed to change. Also, what skills did you mostly use? Did you take advantage of arcanes changing condition effects when combined with its specialization, or did you mostly focus on the fire summoning?

Weaver is indeed hard to master and what options you have for staying alive heavily depends on the rest of your build. I'm running sword-weaver in open world and story instances with the fresh-air grandmaster trait. The build's goal is to attune fire, land skill 2 or 3, double attune air and thus kill a single mob in less than 1 second without getting hit.

No matter what else you've got in your build, I always recommend glyph of storms for elementalist. Cast it when attuned to earth and you have a pulsing blind-field that keeps you safe from any mobs standing in the field (except champions, legends and dredge). Know your combo fields and finishers. You should have at least a fire field, a water field and a few blast finishers in your build.

@Dave.5728 said:

@Altion.9576 said:weaver is hard to master, I completed all the game Story using my Weaver, the trick in my opinion is to know how to alternate between damage and healing, for example if an enemy is close range I go Fire earth, the skill number 3 surrounds you with a fire shield that burns enemies in close range, then I go water for healing, then fire fire and repeat, that and how you combine the traits is key to survival. I use fire traits arcane and Weaver (obviously haha )

Ahh, I see. So, you used the sword for the main hand weapon, which did you use for off-hand? I have a dagger for more offensive moves, but I also have a focus in case I needed to change. Also, what skills did you mostly use? Did you take advantage of arcanes changing condition effects when combined with its specialization, or did you mostly focus on the fire summoning?

Sword Dagger with berzerker Stats I use Traits Fire 3 3 2 Arcane 2 2 2 and Weaver 3 2 2 With Weaver Rune, Trinkets are also Berzerker. I focus more on the Arcane part of the build, thats why you most rotate elements all the time.

@Altion.9576 said:

Sword Dagger with berzerker Stats I use Traits Fire 3 3 2 Arcane 2 2 2 and Weaver 3 2 2 With Weaver Rune, Trinkets are also Berzerker. I focus more on the Arcane part of the build, thats why you most rotate elements all the time.

That's not an endgame build by any stretch of imagination.

@steki.1478 said:

That's not an endgame build by any stretch of imagination.

I dont care about enndgame stuff, It works for me and I have fun playing that way.

Then what's the point of posting it in thread about end game?

Im sharing my build and my opinion of Weaver to help Op to understand the class a little better, I know my build is not endgame or the best around, Im just trying to help man.

Archived