Please, let us show backeices and weapons during emotes

Please. It's been since launch. Fix that damn bug, or if it's not a bug just remove it, or at least add the option to do so...

And before people hit me with "this would enter in conflict with the character/environment", this is invalid for 2 reasons:

• First, aside from /sleep (and even then the backpeice would be hidden by the ground so no need to hide it), there is no emote where showing backpeices would enter in conflict with anything. Trust me, I tried*, with a very large backpeice (Ad Infinitum deployed). There's the emote /talk that moves your backpeice in a weird way (the same way as with the animation of Overload Earth, yet another bug to fix), but that's just a matter of fixing the animation.
  • Second, even if it entered in conflict with anything, I'd still prefer that than the backpeice and weapons just disappearing.

*Before you ask how I can test these things, I use a bug that allows me to show the backpeice during emotes. But it's annoying because I have to reproduce it every time, so the post is still relevant. I will not tell here what the bug is because I don't want it to be fixed.

Sort of a really awkward workaround but if you change weapon (not swap - go into your inventory and equip a new one) it will show up during the emote for some reason.

I like to re-equip Twilight during my male Norn /dance because the trails go totally haywire, lol.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Sort of a really awkward workaround but if you change weapon (not swap - go into your inventory and equip a new one) it will show up during the emote for some reason.

I like to re-equip Twilight during my male Norn /dance because the trails go totally haywire, lol.

You probably should've done like me and not talk about it here, it may get fixed now. Though I'll enjoy it while I can

@ROMANG.1903 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Sort of a really awkward workaround but if you change weapon (not swap - go into your inventory and equip a new one) it will show up during the emote for some reason.

You probably should've done like me and not talk about it here, it may get fixed now. Though I'll enjoy it while I can

I doubt they’ll bother to fix it (if even possible to fix, it might just be an oddity within the game engine). It has been in the game since launch and is a totally benign quirk.

Archived