New to WvW Revenant

whoknocks.4935

Hey guys,

I am new to Revenant, and I wanna try it out on WvW to solo roam, the Power Shiro Herald build sword/sword + staff seems very strong and very rewarding after you learn how to play it.

I have a marauder set with durability runes, are they good for that build? I see many people running rune of surging (but i think I will die too much especially against spellbreakers) and others running leadership.

Leadership>Durability on herald?

I just wanna solo roam and get those casual group fights around the map, but mainly just solo since I don't have anyone to roam with and i think it's more challenging than going 2vs1 or 3vs1 on someone ganking him.

I watched videos of Skeggox which seems to run surging, Hobo(vT) as well, Tubby Two Ton instead runs leadership,[ToC] Silence runs leadership as well. Seems nobody runs durability xD

But I am a bit hesitant to drop down those runes in my equip.

Any advice and some tips to improve?

For example the F2 ability, when I should use it? When I am in danger or before bursting? I have no clue.

Personally I prefer Leadership runes just because of the active condi management part - stat-wise it pretty much provides the same amount of stats as Durability runes. I don't think Durability runes are that bad, you just have to replace some of the trinkets to make up for the lost of Power and Precision.

As for the F2 skill, the facet itself is too costly to keep up, so I never keep it up, I only use it for the skill that gives boons. As for the skill that gives boons, best advice is to use it frequently. The most important boon in there is Protection, so I use it when I don't have access to Facet of Chaos (the facet that gives Protection), or when I'm a bit low on Energy. It's also useful after you're boon stripped. You can actually use it a bit freely and use them off cooldown if you want to - I think I saw Tubby do it quite a few times, and it definitely helps with boon uptime a lot. He also uses it before a fight, I use it right after I get into a fight just so I can squeeze a bit more Protection uptime.

As for the other stuff, I guess practice makes perfect. The first few days I roamed with a Rev was painful, I lost like 99% of the fights. I just kept trying, watched Tubby's videos to see how he kited and utilized skills, and to adapt his playstyle (which actually convinced me to make a Rev just to roam since it looks so fun). I also suggest watching him stream since he explains what he's doing when he fights on stream.

Archived