Steal/Mark reset Thoughts

StabbersTheThird.6053

It's an extraordinarily powerful tool. In my opinion, the trait "Renewing Gaze" is almost worth the entirety of the line in Deadeye. Yes Rifle is great and Cantrips are nice, but the fact that you can kill a target and get a reset is absolutely nuts. If you go Trickery (which you should btw) on top of your Deadeye line, your Mark gives Might, Fury, Swiftness, Quickness, Regeneration, steal 2 boons, and either a daze or confusion (who needs steal cdr if you get a full reset?).

My question is: Why not make the Mark reset baseline to Thief as a whole? Would it make Thief overpowered? In PvE, it would be amazing and make clearing packs of mobs WAY easier if I could do this +Daredevil, instead of absolutely having to go Deadeye for Renewing Gaze and Collateral Damage.

as a deadeye you need a mark up all the time for malice interactions. why do you need a steal on core/daredevil for every mob?i mean condi remove on evade from daredevil is also nice and would make deadeye and core alot easier to play against condi heavy opponents, thats still not really a reason to make it baseline :)

the steal as such is in many ways way suprior to mark. it is instant, a teleport and does not require you to cast it at the beginning of the fight for another class mechanic (malice) so you can make way better use of the interrupt and boon rip. so i am not sure if it should be further made better than mark by making a good side of mark baseline.you can keep up those boons on core/DD without a resetting steal. for open world wich is what i am asuming your talkin about we got enough mobility with mounts and that steal wont do much to it.imrpovistaion is in pvp actually picked very frequently outside of deadeye.

Archived