About the crafting

zhaona.2015

No, you can't. Once you learn a crafting discipline, you can't remove it from your character. Besides, tailor is needed for scholar professions, those being elementalist, necromancer and mesmer for crafting light armor. If you're talking about transfering a discipline with already made progress, then unfortunately you can't do that.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@zhaona.2015 said:So mean I need to learn again if I want it in my Necromancer! :(

Yes, but there's not a lot of point to do that - your Elementalist can craft things for your Necromancer!

This. You can craft anything on your Elementalist to use on any character that wears light armor. Just don't equip it or it will become Soulbound unless you use a reciepe that results in Account Bound then it can be used on any character.

Another thing I recommend is that you don't need to learn multiple crafting disciplines on a single character. Here is a list of disciplines each profession should have:

• Armorsmith (heavy armor) - soldier professions (guardian, revenant and warrior)• Leatherworker (medium armor) - adventurer professions (engineer, thief and ranger)• Tailor (light armor) - scholar professions (elementalist, mesmer and necromancer)

Now you have one discipline for crafting armor, the only other discipline you need is the one for crafting the weapons you like. Personally, it's better to learn the discipline that your profession will need for fractals and raids. For example, engineer uses huntsman for pistols, thief uses weaponsmith for daggers, elementalist uses artificer for staff, guardian uses weaponsmith for greatsword etc. Find the weapon set that the profession needs most and leave the other weapons to be crafted by professions who need that other weapon more than other professions.

@"zhaona.2015" said:So mean I need to learn again if I want it in my Necromancer! :(

Correct, as the others said. That said, however, if you want to change which of your characters is your Tailor, you can(1), and you will keep any recipes you learned by using recipe sheet objects ("Recipe: Disaster" or similar as an object in your inventory that you right-click to learn the recipe that lets you make "Disaster", whatever that is(2)). These objects teach your account the recipe rather than just the character who uses the object.

If you want to delete the character then you need to start again, obviously, but you still keep the Recipe Sheet recipes.

(1) Unlike other MMORPGs, if your Elementalist drops Tailoring, all that happens is that the character is no longer able to progress the discipline until you re-activate it for 10 copper per crafting level. (Example: dropping Synthweaving in SWTOR forgets everything your crew knows about Synthweaving. All learned recipes, all levels, everything.)

(2) From its name, Disaster is probably a weapon. I think we should persuade them to add a weapon called "Disaster" with a purchasable recipe sheet just so that I can buy a recipe for "Disaster"

Archived