New to Guardian pls help :D

GodSpeedFist.8642

@"GodSpeedFist.8642" said:Hello! I'm new to playing guardian.. have been playing druid/soul beast mostly and I wanna try and play guardian...Can I ask what armors/trinkets should I aim for Dragon Hunter and Support Firebrand for PVE/Fractals/Raids??oh and is harrier good on support firebrand instead of minstrel?

THANKS!

If you take on DH then straight out Zerk, nothing can beat that. As far as the FB there are many choices that vary with PvE/Fract/Raid. This is predominately a condi build, although in fractals the more power dps usually the better, most bosses can be dps'ed down before your conditions can sufficiently stack and run their course. however if you want the support role as you have stated (more raids then i guess) than i would probably opt for Harrier's over Minstrel. but there are a few trains of thought on that also, with a bit of luck you may just get a few interesting conflicting ideas. My thoughts would be to try to increase overall boon duration since your main role is to provide large amounts of quickness, the might contribution should be mentioned here as well although this is more moderate, and secondary to quickness.In OW PvE, anything goes. whatever floats your boat, I've been experimenting with a build that has sparked some interest in this forum with Sword and Board. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56416/firebrand-sword-and-board#latestGLHF

As stated above, the power dh is the go to.For fb fill vipers is the best build for condi and then you can mix up the build for condi duration or burning duration(both working).For heal an support in general both minstrel and harrier are good, with harrier be better.For wvw minstrel is meta while for open world you can go with almost full dire set with a mix of trailblazer trinkets and balthazar runes, and literally walk on mobs and burn them with almost 3k armor.

Hope that helps.Welcome to guardian class

I run full Berserker on Dragonhunter. Full Viper’s on condition Firebrand. Full Harrier on support Firebrand, but a mix of Magi and Harrier is better for healing. I run support Firebrand to mostly fill in for Druid, and Mesmer missing, so Harrier is great for heals, and buffs.

Archived