Heart vendor Researcher Thale instructions too vague

The body of the text:

Grab a magneton hammer out of a nearby receptacle and use it to siphon energy from any glowing magneton capacitors floating high in the air. Then launch electromagnetic pulses to wreck the lab's defenses

Firstly the magneton hammers aren't in any nearby receptacle, they're behind a set of closed doors. Out of sight. Nothing indicates which direction a player should go in order to find said hammers. You just have to wander in to the sliding doors. Killing Inquest in the area with weapon skills does not progress the heard vendors meter.

Next is hammer skill number 2. It seems to have just one use. Nothing I did would recharge it. Even dropping one hammer and picking up another would not re-activate it. There is no obvious text which instructs on what to do. I literally had to stumble through actions that would fill the NPCs meter.

There's also the funky low gravity movement. Just why? That's totally not needed to progress. You've made it vague enough and too complex already. Why add more disorientation?

Oh and one more thing, you can't drop the hammer bundle while in the air, but the whole chamber is all about floating around in the air!

firstly: if you entered area from any place different that that room with hammers it means you used mounts to bypass natural flow of pathing intended so your inability to find hammers is your fault

secondly: read the magneton hammer skills tooltips and all the rest of your issues goes away because it is all described in there.

thirdly: alot of it is about floating in the air indeed but when certain item is all that holds you up 3 stores above the ground I am unsure why exacly you'd want to drop it while midair.....

PS. low gravity movement while not required for minimal progress of the heart is required for achievement and allows for more than one way of completing the heart

@"Knight In Shining Armor.1708" said:The body of the text:

Grab a magneton hammer out of a nearby receptacle and use it to siphon energy from any glowing magneton capacitors floating high in the air. Then launch electromagnetic pulses to wreck the lab's defenses

Firstly the magneton hammers aren't in any nearby receptacle, they're behind a set of closed doors. Out of sight. Nothing indicates which direction a player should go in order to find said hammers. You just have to wander in to the sliding doors. Killing Inquest in the area with weapon skills does not progress the heard vendors meter.

If I can't figure out what to do for a renown heart, I speak to the appropriate NPC - in this case Researcher Thale. He says "By all means, go inside and wreck the lab! Use my magneton hammers." If you then go inside, through the door, you get to the magneton hammer receptacle.

Next is hammer skill number 2. It seems to have just one use. Nothing I did would recharge it. Even dropping one hammer and picking up another would not re-activate it. There is no obvious text which instructs on what to do. I literally had to stumble through actions that would fill the NPCs meter.

The tooltip for magneton hammer skill 2 explains that you should "Obtain ammo by siphoning power from glowing magneton capacitors", and the tooltip for skill 1 explains how to do that. If the tooltips weren't visible, perhaps there's a bug?

There's also the funky low gravity movement. Just why? That's totally not needed to progress. You've made it vague enough and too complex already. Why add more disorientation?

It's not low gravity, it's just that gravity is being counteracted by magnetism. Magnetism is way stronger than gravity, even in Tyria where the laws of physics are often irrelevant. To me the magnetism effect was pretty much the whole point of the renown heart!

Oh and one more thing, you can't drop the hammer bundle while in the air, but the whole chamber is all about floating around in the air!

I don't know why you'd want to!?

Archived