GW2 Client Stalls at 25%

I've been trying for the past 2 days to reinstall GW2 after being AFK for a few months.So, far I've got it to download 25% and then it stalls..I restart the client but it doesn't do anything, it does not download at all. I've uninstalled the client and started over from scratch and again, it stalls at 25%. I've uninstalled and tried using the 32bit client,...yup you've guessed it, it stalls at 25%.Any known cures for this?

Unless you use the -32 option, attempting to use the 32-bit client will simply switch over to the 64-bit client. Using it is unlikely to change anything.

Getting stuck while patching is generally because it's failing to download whatever it's stuck on. It could be caused by software, your ISP or be a problem with the patch server you're using. The general solution is using a VPN. You can try a different patch server using the option:-assetsrv origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com

I was having a similar issue but the game was still playable. Basically, I would see the game update, then stall then update then stall and it would never finish even if I let my PC run for several days. I tried launching the repair option and various other repair recommendations found here https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client, that didn't work. I just lived with it until I could not play through "A Star to Guide Us", when I could not get past a certain story instance because it had not fully downloaded. As Healix indicated, the ultimate solution that worked for me was the VPN. As soon as I connected to a VPN, the update finished pretty fast. Good luck.

Archived