Question about the PoF sale

Adzekul.3104

I play on EU. Have always done so and will probably always keep my main account here. I am thinking about setting up a second account, on NA. Do not want to discuss the pros and cons of NA vs EU.

My question is: what do I need to buy in order to do this? The base game + HoT + PoF? Or only PoF? Or something else? And how do I do this? The Anet store does not seem to offer first option? (Maybe this means the first option is not valid?).

EDIT to add: I already have base game + HoT + PoF on my (EU) account.

If you just want to try playing on NA you don't even need to buy an account, you can make a free account and pick NA when you set it up. So you don't need to buy any specific version to do that, it just depends on what content and features you want access to on your new account. (For example if you want to access HoT maps or gliding then you have to buy HoT.)

You don't need to buy the base game - both HoT and PoF include it, so buy either expansion and you get the base game too.

If you go to the main site and click 'Shop' instead of clicking 'Buy Guild Wars 2' in the drop-down menu you'll be taken to a page which lets you choose either HoT or PoF. If you pick HoT you only get 2 options: The Standard Edition or the Standard Collection which is HoT and PoF together. If you pick PoF you can choose the Standard, Deluxe or Ultimate edition and then you get an option to add HoT for a discounted price (this is the same as buying the Standard Collection).

Don't forget to add the promo code when you get to the payment screen, or you won't get the discount.

Archived