Rune of Antitoxin + Smothering Auras

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I've been testing this rune on necro but then it hit me that these runes might help wvw ele build diversity.

Smothering aura is clear 1 or 2 condi on aura/detonate. Rune of Antitoxin #6 = Clear 1 extra condition, every time you clear a condi. Smothering auras should become clear 2/3 on aura/detonate. Compared to the rune of the trooper/water traitline combo which cleared 2 conditions per tempest shout, these runes+ fire traitline also gives aura shouts 2 condition clear. It's better than the above combo though because Sunspot, fire leap finishers, other aura skills/traits etc all clear 2 condi.

The runes also come with -25% condi duration. Signet of water -20% condi duration. Sweet bean buns -20% duration. Geomancers training -33% cripple, chill, immob. Total is -65% condition duration and -98% cripple, chill and immob duration. Fire/earth/tempest condi signet build with a ton of condi resist/sustain?

I don't PvP/WvW on ele but I figured since I've heard a lot of ele complain about being forced into water/arcane, this might help. Hope someone can make an actual useful build out of this.

The best clear would be shout arua, reg aura, clear on reg, and smotherig aura with staff. The thing is its just a clear when you have classes like eng who are converting the condis they clear into strong boons. Its just not worth it to run the clear pilon ele any more when other classes add more effects AND do other effects then ele.

This is the cure of ele cool tricks and ideal that are comply destroyed when you realize there are other classes in the game other then ele.

Not available in PvP.In WvW: stats bonus are too weak, okai you get reduced condition duration but condition dmg is nearly useless as condi weaver (not hybrid, Condi) is not a thing, so you need to set more tanky, because this is what you lack of. The cleansing is good, but you can't really chain the cleansing with only auras of fire, like you can chain swiftness and regen and dodge in water with Water/Arcane/Weaver

Actually i'm trying that in WvW with fire auras :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYncMAF5i94CGOAM5iFDALIAsAOA3n6W9rWYCkB+hA-j1RGQBG4EAkHlgRR53jU/hn6BAwDAga7PIIAzB-wWe have lost light aura in the runes, but I don't use the healing skill so I don't care and it gives now +25% Boon Duration. Runes of forgeman could be cool too, or Rune of the Flame Legion.Obviouly less sustain, but dagger/dagger is strong mobility, easy and strong dual attacks and cc, build is easy might stacks, good pressure.

Archived