character looping back to the same location after jumping down the waterfall in weyandt jp

RedArt.7405

so, basically, i would jump over the water fall, and in a few seconds, my character whether dead or alive from the fall will loop back to the top of the waterfall. i will add a video link that i recorded at the end of the post. nevermind the audio track.

first, let me add the details as the "how to report a bug" post tells me to.

so, the bug happened at around 1: 37 AM (Indian standard time, GMT + 5:30). on 23rd november 2018.i did not check the ip of the map, but it was in Lion's Arch.My character name is Bunny Kittens. level 80. A Norn. and she's a mesmer.i was in a party with another person. i just partied with them to complete the Lion's Arch Exterminator Achievement for the Princess converter. we were shooting karkas in the jp.I jumped first, then, she jumped later. she was fine, but i kept looping back to the same spot. thought it was my connection issues, but i could talk and do everything properly, except jump down that waterfall and stay down.

Link to Video: https://youtu.be/eyBxnv18tRgI'm not a youtube person, so i just tried to keep it unlisted, but don't know how it works. tell me if you can't access it and i will share it in public mode again.

ah.. yes, i did not try to reproduce that bug again as i was already tired from the irritating achievement that requires closing staring into your monitor in dark zones..This is my first bug report, but tell me if you need any more details. I use arcdps most of the time and did have it active when i was doing that jp.

Probably because you are using the wrong of the 3 ways.The inteded way, the jump you would survive, is the one at the orange light, both the green (which you used) and the blue one lead to you death caused by falling damage (glider didn't exist at the time the JP was created).The port back is probably triggered depending on which way you have chosen (those you wouldn't survive), and executed after a set time.

@"Ronan.9518" said:Probably because you are using the wrong of the 3 ways.The inteded way, the jump you would survive, is the one at the orange light, both the green (which you used) and the blue one lead to you death caused by falling damage (glider didn't exist at the time the JP was created).The port back is probably triggered depending on which way you have chosen (those you wouldn't survive), and executed after a set time.

This exactly. Captain Weyandt, who acompanies you the whole way as a blue glowy light and narrating the journey, will revive you if you pick the incorrect drop, as you are showing in the video. To quote from the wiki,"If you choose the wrong oneCaptain Weyandt: (laugh)Captain Weyandt: (laugh) I thought ye was smarter than that! I like yer grumption, though. Try again."I'd assume if you were to open up a chat tab that showed NPC dialog, you'd see this repeated for each time you jumped down and got teleported back up. It isn't a bug, but rather just a normal part of the JP. The far right one with the orange torch has a pool of water at the bottom, and so you won't die or get teleported if you use that one.

@Ronan.9518 said:Probably because you are using the wrong of the 3 ways.The inteded way, the jump you would survive, is the one at the orange light, both the green (which you used) and the blue one lead to you death caused by falling damage (glider didn't exist at the time the JP was created).The port back is probably triggered depending on which way you have chosen (those you wouldn't survive), and executed after a set time.

I did use the glider actually. and survived but still ported back. not in the video maybe, but i used the glider the first few times. but if its not a bug, then, sorry for the fake report and wasting your time

@Musaroxy.2874 said:

@"Ronan.9518" said:Probably because you are using the wrong of the 3 ways.The inteded way, the jump you would survive, is the one at the orange light, both the green (which you used) and the blue one lead to you death caused by falling damage (glider didn't exist at the time the JP was created).The port back is probably triggered depending on which way you have chosen (those you wouldn't survive), and executed after a set time.

This exactly. Captain Weyandt, who acompanies you the whole way as a blue glowy light and narrating the journey, will revive you if you pick the incorrect drop, as you are showing in the video. To quote from the wiki,"
If you choose the wrong one
Captain Weyandt
: (laugh)
Captain Weyandt
: (laugh) I thought ye was smarter than that! I like yer grumption, though. Try again."I'd assume if you were to open up a chat tab that showed NPC dialog, you'd see this repeated for each time you jumped down and got teleported back up. It isn't a bug, but rather just a normal part of the JP. The far right one with the orange torch has a pool of water at the bottom, and so you won't die or get teleported if you use that one.

sorry about the wrong report. so, how would i close this bug report?

@RedArt.7405 said:sorry about the wrong report. so, how would i close this bug report?You shouldn't need to worry about it, this isn't actually a report, this is a public forum post, any ANet employee who comes across it would likely read and find that other players (Myself and @Ronan.9518) answered, and they have the ability to simply close the post. (I might not be entirely correct in saying this, since I've never tried it myself, but I believe if you just reply asking for it to be closed, someone will close it? I've seen a number closed posts wherein the poster asked for it to be closed.)

Archived