General Tag Farm Build for Revenant?

Nor.2057

I dont care going for the most crazy efective META class for farming...but i do like farming and cycle through my different toons for funs and loot! , can anyone come up with the most effective one for revenant (without flamethrower kit) and can post a link for it, tag farming like for example...(leather, karka , istan tracks , lab , events ... etc...)

pd: kinda bored going with engi flamethorwer , guardian lootstick and daredevil SB

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Yup hammer does have a greater range than shortbow (by 300 units) and would probably be a good choice too. Reason I think shortbow would be better is because it has a faster rate of fire on its attacks, the skills can all be used while moving, and its AA has a small PBAoE effect.

So i guess this would be similar to a Daredevil , crazy extreme mobility and SB since he also has 900 range not sure which one has higher attack rate though ... hope rev...cause mobility not that good as revenant...

@Nor.2057 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:Yup hammer does have a greater range than shortbow (by 300 units) and would probably be a good choice too. Reason I think shortbow would be better is because it has a faster rate of fire on its attacks, the skills can all be used while moving, and its AA has a small PBAoE effect.

So i guess this would be similar to a Daredevil , crazy extreme mobility and SB since he also has 900 range not sure which one has higher attack rate though ... hope rev...cause mobility not that good as revenant...

Well it doesn't get better than Daredevil mobility. Daredevil is probably a better choice, but if you want to mix it up I'm sure Renegade would be just fine. You could take both Shiro and Mallyx since both offer mobility and ways of negating movement impairment. I'm just really talking in theory because I don't do a lot of PvE content.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

@Nor.2057 said:

Well it doesn't get better than Daredevil mobility. Daredevil is
probably
a better choice, but if you want to mix it up I'm sure Renegade would be just fine. You could take both Shiro and Mallyx since both offer mobility and ways of negating movement impairment. I'm just really talking in theory because I don't do a lot of PvE content.

No matter either raiders or dedicated pvpers are always good for theory crafting builds :P , gonna try with this build first not sure what armor yet...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASlnvNeNS6JvJRVlHlsrykSYW5SJYssrkFOl6PHDyjk9LKj2oNAKgEA

I've been doing a lot of meta farming with a shortbow renegade. I personally think it's on par with Daredevil, which is my other go to farmer.

Daredevil has slightly better ability to cover a lot of ground quickly, without mounts, when that is important. Renegade has super speed from Shiro, which helps a lot there, but isn't quite as mobile.

However, between Shiro's impossible odds, piercing shortbow attacks, and dropping kalla spirits like soulcleave summit, shortbow renegade is amazing at tagging hordes of enemies quickly. So many short bow skills are aoe, and they are fun to use. It also feels very impactful in tougher fights like Amala, as the damage and cc are very good against a tough boss.

Don't forget Kalla's AOEs.

I think both are pretty decent, but at different things...

Hammer/Herald's good for things like Istan or the Kourna Meta pre-event, where packs of mobs spawn every 20-30 seconds or so... You can take one pack with h3, one with h5, and another with Elemental Blast or Chaotic Release.

Shortbow/Kalla's good for steady or spread out tagging, like Lab, or Karka, or SW. (Although it's range could be a problem in the karma farm where there's 50 longbow rangers all spamming lb2.)

@Dace.8173 said:

Don't forget Kalla's AOEs.

Oh yeah I hadn't forgotten about those! To be honest I was just specifically thinking about lab farming because that's basically the only farming I have done (which is barely). I found the immob spam to be very annoying so figured Mallyx would be a good secondary legend since it can grant resistance via traits and PA. I'm glad more experienced farmers are chiming in though.

Been doing quite the amount of karka and leather farming and i must say going full condi with Bow and the perma quickness of assassin stance is more than enough to be almost on par to any other tag farmer, hammer not needed that much

so yeah rev is a superb tag farmer and super fun :)

Archived