PvP ShoutBeast

phoenixXx.9105

The build.

The initial idea was to replace the stances with shouts and drop wilderness survival for the more offensive oriented beastmastery. Between fresh reinforcement, fortifying bond and we heal as one this build easily maintains 25 stacks of might and can hit like a truck. Even the axe autos can do up to 3k crits.

On the other side your only source of stab is the elite and the 2 stunbreaks are sometimes not enough. If you get CC locked with condi pressure you won't be able to react. I've considered using dolyak stance + leader of the pact for the damage reduction and additional stability. You do lose out condi clear and a source of protection though.

What's your opinion about this build? It's been fun playing it in the unranked but I still feel the boonbeast is the way to go, even after the nerfs to stances.

I don't think this would hold up in ranked.

Back in the day, I switched from Rune of the Solider + shouts to the Wilderness Survival cleansing, purely for efficiency reasons. The meta as it is now allows me to cleanse 6 (possibly even 7, if Lightning Reflexes cleans off immobilize) through just 2 utility slots, while the Moa Stance + Dolyak stance combo remains quite potent. I do appreciate the boon copy from We Heal as One just as much as the next ranger, but if 25 might is that important to you Call of the Wild > smokescale smoke assault > merge > merged smoke assault should help you get stacks pretty fast as well when you need them.

It seems like the primary value of your build is finding a way to get Sic 'Em on the utility bar. I've toyed with the idea myself for some time, but I actually ended up swapping out Siamoth in favor of Smokescale (just as you did) and found that helped me more aggressively pursue kills when needed. I just couldn't give up Moa Stance, Dolyak Stance, or QZ/LR in favor of the 10s burst potential since I could find other ways to notch the kill.

@"phoenixXx.9105" said:The build.

The initial idea was to replace the stances with shouts and drop wilderness survival for the more offensive oriented beastmastery. Between fresh reinforcement, fortifying bond and we heal as one this build easily maintains 25 stacks of might and can hit like a truck. Even the axe autos can do up to 3k crits.

On the other side your only source of stab is the elite and the 2 stunbreaks are sometimes not enough. If you get CC locked with condi pressure you won't be able to react. I've considered using dolyak stance + leader of the pact for the damage reduction and additional stability. You do lose out condi clear and a source of protection though.

What's your opinion about this build? It's been fun playing it in the unranked but I still feel the boonbeast is the way to go, even after the nerfs to stances.

As @"voltaicbore.8012" said, Survival Utilities and Moa Stance + Doliak Stance are way better these days than Shouts.This is the build I use it in sPVP:http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjOD7kQFohXsjXwWQgrFsUIY5Z3t74tpDs6eBPdhZQA4kWVcBA-jZxHABAcRA++BAo8RAY99HovMAAWhen I need to be more tanky, I use Nature Magic instead of Beastmastery. Sometimes I change between "Protect Me!" and "Lightning Reflexes".

your build lacks sustain...... ws is a must it provides on demand protection, massive utility, cleanses, healsyou can then change soldier runes to a more offensive rune like strength

this still allows you to stack 24 might and have 6 secs of stealth as an opening, hardly any dmg loss if you drop nm

btw if you want to focus on damage you need to use longbow instead of axe/axe, as right now you can't sustain on a node, and can't burst from range.

Archived