Elixir E

funghetto.1584

ANet traded us 3 seconds of invulnerability for 3k barrier and 3s protection. 3k barrier is in most scenarios 1-2 autoattacks (even with protection). This trait should at the very least get a stun break, and either keep the barrier and lower the CD, or give 200% more barrier.

Absolutely ridiculous. It's the same as when they nerfed Dragonhunter traps. It went from 1/2sec Stun to Slow... I would have atleast tried changing it to 'interrupts on activation' with some cooldown of when they can be interrupted again, before reducing it even to Slow. In this case we go from THREE seconds of Invul to 3k Barrier?! Like even HALF a second of invul would be a significant nerf. Or increase the recharge time, or change both the Elixer S skill and the trait to 1 second invul. There are so many things they could have done, but no, nerf it to oblivion.

They could at least make it give the maximum barrier possible. Would still be a nerf from invuln, but at least it would be enough to have some effect. You would still be vulnerable to control effects which was the main reason why the invuln was so powerful. 3K barrier is nothing. There literally isnt any good options in master tier alchemy, even the adept traits are objectively better now.

This latest nerf to Alchemy was the last straw: actually stopped running alchemy entirely. Asside from HGH it really isn't all that useful anymore. As a P/P condie engie who likes zerg fights (yes I'm a masochist) it just means I have to be even further out at the fringes of combat clearing out downs. Anet is definitely showing a lot of Holo tunnel vision when it comes to balancing the engineer.

they could put Elixir E as two traits of two other classes:

warrior : Defy Pain Cast Lesser Endure Pain when struck while below the health threshold. Health Threshold: 50% 4s and it breaks stun.

ranger: Stoneform - cast lesser stone You and your pet take no damage from attacks. You and your pet are still susceptible to conditions and control effects.(5s): Take no damage from incoming attacks when under 50% health.

in both case most important THEY DON'T GET DIRECT DAMAGE!!!

I think that it's fine that PF (Photon Forge) is on the elite toolbelt and not another kit. Let's try to stay focused here however and make E either clear movement impairing conditions such as immob, chill and cripple OR debilitating conditions such as weakness, poison and chill OR restore endurance.

As for Backpack Regenerator, it's a Major Trait that competes with Comeback Cure and it simply needs to offer more. Perhaps it should do what it currently does and offer a temporary buff of 250 healing power for 6 seconds, 6 sec ICD OR also when you get Vigor you also gain Regeneration for 3 seconds.

Archived