Ascended Rings can "eat" infusions

So i was moving some infusions around and realized that I had placed the other infusions on a ring that didnt have it s stats selected.....guess what....my +12 and +9 are gone.This has happened before I think and I just didnt notice how it happened or what but just a PSA until hopefully this is fixed!!!

@Stormcrow.7513 said:So i was moving some infusions around and realized that I had placed the other infusions on a ring that didnt have it s stats selected.....guess what....my +12 and +9 are gone.This has happened before I think and I just didnt notice how it happened or what but just a PSA until hopefully this is fixed!!!

I can't replicate your results. I put in an infusion into a new ring, before selecting the stats. Then selected the stats. The infusion remains. (For science, I attuned it, added two infusions, and then changed the stats; still had the infusions.)

Maybe you infused or attuned the ring? As with any mystic forge recipe, all the input items are given to Zommy and he replaces it with something new, so any infusions or other upgrades end up being consumed in the process.(That's why I keep a bunch of infusion extractors in the bank, just in case I am in a rush and don't want to find the NPC.)

@Stormcrow.7513 said:It was a besieger ring from McLeod The Silent. I have looked everywhere and I am at a loss. I selected the stats but they are not there. Ticket is in :(

Can't replicate this either. I added an infusion to the besieger's ring and then selected stats; the infusion remains. I infused the ring and added two infusions and then selected stats again; the infusions are still there.

Use GW2 Efficiency or GW2 Timer to find & inspect all your ascended rings to make sure you didn't confuse one ring for another. If they don't show up, it's almost certainly the case that you infused or attuned your ring with the infusions still in it; as noted, the forge always destroys its input items, so any upgrades (and skins) are lost in the process.

@Stormcrow.7513 said:I didnt infuse or attune the ring. I used GW2 efficiency and cannot find them on any other asc item.

You'll have to wait for Support to respond and work with them.

As I said, I cannot replicate your results even though I spent & risked additional resources to test the scenario described above. That doesn't mean that there isn't a bug, but it suggests it's likely to be some other trigger than swapping stats with the infusions in place. Further, this is the first post (on the forums or Reddit) that I've seen describing this; if infusions were lost after selecting stats, we'd see more reports.

Good luck; I hope you are able to recover your infusions. Please let us know what you find out from ANet.

Archived