I killed this guy once and he message me to duel, but soon I got so much lag. Was he a hack?

Hitman.5829

The first time I killed him so easy and effortlessly (in open world WvW not duel and it was 1 vs 1); there was no lag and I was able to keep pressure on him the whole fight. But when we starting dueling, I saw his player jumping all over the map like there has been some kind of latency on the server. My bull's charge will hang on mid air and my whirlwind make my warrior stand on the same spot. I am aware there are programs that will do a DDOS attack to slow your internet connection. Anyone out there aware of such programs to report them?I know the video game GTA 5 has it, but not sure if GW2 can be DDOS attack per to per.

Do you think this was an isolated event that just happened at the wrong dueling time or are there such hacks available?

EDIT: MY BROTHER WAS DOWNLOADING THE WITCHER GAMES FROM STEAM ABOUT 1-2 HRS AGO. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF THE LAG SPIKES.At this point it looks like the lag spike is attributed to my brother, rather than to a DDOS attack.

Unless they have your personal IP they'd be DDOSing the server so they would lag too and so would everyone else (afaik).

So I doubt they were hacking in any way. Just coincidence. One thing that can cause lag spikes is Windows update downloading/installing updates, usually causes 1-2s skill delay and lots of movement lag.

@Helly.2597 said:Unless they have your personal IP they'd be DDOSing the server so they would lag too and so would everyone else (afaik).

So I doubt they were hacking in any way. Just coincidence. One thing that can cause lag spikes is Windows update downloading/installing updates, usually causes 1-2s skill delay and lots of movement lag.

I am not informed on how DDOS attaks work, but as a GTA 5 player I know they exist.Players can get your IP from the game and send you spaming signals to make your connection slow.The cheating is so rampant in GTA 5 that they can make your computer disconnect from the game, etc...

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Helly.2597 said:Unless they have your personal IP they'd be DDOSing the server so they would lag too and so would everyone else (afaik).

I am not informed on how DDOS attaks work, but as a GTA 5 player I know they exist.Players can get your IP from the game and send you spaming signals to make your connection slow.The cheating is so rampant in GTA 5 that they can make your computer disconnect from the game, etc...

Unless GW2 has a massive security issue a player shouldn't be able to just snag your IP. Since interactions are server side and not client side I doubt this player was able to specifically DDos you in a short timeframe.

Lag happens, no need for any conspiracy theories.

@Hitman.5829 said:The first time I killed him so easy and effortlessly (in open world WvW not duel and it was 1 vs 1); there was no lag and I was able to keep pressure on him the whole fight. But when we starting dueling, I saw his player jumping all over the map like there has been some kind of latency on the server. My bull's charge will hang on mid air and my whirlwind make my warrior stand on the same spot. I am aware there are programs that will do a DDOS attack to slow your internet connection. Anyone out there aware of such programs to report them?I know the video game GTA 5 has it, but not sure if GW2 can be DDOS attack per to per.

Do you think this was an isolated event that just happened at the wrong dueling time or are there such hacks available?

EDIT: MY BROTHER WAS DOWNLOADING THE WITCHER GAMES FROM STEAM ABOUT 1-2 HRS AGO. THAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE CAUSE OF THE LAG SPIKES.At this point it looks like the lag spike is attributed to my brother, rather than to a DDOS attack.

Hahaha hahaha trolled by the family member

Archived