Ranger is lyfe

Dino.2743

Hello everyone! I'm a veteran PvP player in GW2, used to play other games purely for PvP, and i've been a Thief main since I started playing, but this year, or 2 weeks ago, I switched to Ranger because I realized he fits more my personal beliefs and what not. (I like pets irl, quite a nature guy). Now, atm I'm learning Core Ranger, then I'll proceed to Druid and Soulbeast. Sooo, just wanted to share how much fun I'm having and if you have any tips, you're welcome!

@Dino.2743 said:Hello everyone! I'm a veteran PvP player in GW2, used to play other games purely for PvP, and i've been a Thief main since I started playing, but this year, or 2 weeks ago, I switched to Ranger because I realized he fits more my personal beliefs and what not. (I like pets irl, quite a nature guy). Now, atm I'm learning Core Ranger, then I'll proceed to Druid and Soulbeast. Sooo, just wanted to share how much fun I'm having and if you have any tips, you're welcome!

Try to play all 3 types of this game: PVE, World vs World and sPVP and you will enjoy it for many years. Very important, join a group of friends or a friendly guild.These things made me play since beta, and I am still enjoying this game 100%, even most of the time now I am roaming on World vs World or I play sPVP. Every time when a new Living season episode comes, you will find me in PVE too.GL and Have Fun! Ranger is one of the most enjoyable classes in every game.

@Dino.2743 said:Thanks mate, I should definitely try that! Funny enough, the furthest I've gotten in PVE was to Heart of Thorns starting zone, even though I played the game for like 2 years. It just wasn't fun with Thief, but should be with Ranger. :D

I did exact same thing as u, thief in pve is very spammy and not a lot of variations with its rotations which gets boring fast,although it was fun in pvp before DE and the yrs of nurfs. If ur used to thief ull enjoy all the flavor ranger had with its rotations,weapons,pet taming/skills when u get soulbeast. Try and get soulbeast as soon as u can, for me was like ranger 2.0 lol. Anyway have fun

Ranger is quite versatile. Even with core ranger builds with core game pets, I can solo just about everything the game allows to be soloed. While many of my other characters can outshine my ranger in one aspect or another, when I'm logged into my ranger I pretty much know that I can avoid/survive/outright win every single encounter.

Soulbeast really does bring new life to the ranger class, and I agree that coming from thief, you'll probably like soulbeast.

Archived