Guild Wars 2 BlackScreen while gaming

So before i start here are my specs:

i7 7700kGTX 1070 8GB16 gb of RAMWin 10All drivers are fully updated

Every 5 -10 minutes, the game goes to blackscreen and all i see if the cursor and f11 options. I tried everything possible still not working. My internet is fine, no packetloss/high ping. I play tons of online games i have no issue except guild wars. This is getting frustrating.

@jimmy.9560 said:Having a similar problem. Trying a client repair and the repair often becomes unresponsive...don't know if I need a full reinstall or not but kitten.

Don't waste your time fully re-installing. That is not the problem. But let me ask you this, do you have your CPU or Ram Overclocked at one point?

I just fixed mine by restoring my cpu and ram to default as i had them overclocked

Go to your NVIDIA system control and put Energy-management to always maximum performance. That might help somewhat.

Unfortunately GW2 has some issues with Nvidia cards for years now. I get occasional black screens too (not on a 10 minute cycle luckily). This started as far as a couple of years back.

Before people ask, no:

• it's not a driver issue
  • no it's not this one card, my last nvidia card and the ones before were having issues too
  • there has been black screen threads for ages now. Unlike other disconnects, this one is immediate the moment the screen goes black.
  • it seems to only affect nvidia cards and chipsets

A theory is that if the grafic card goes into low performance it causes some type of disconnect. Some people were supposedly able to solve the issue with throttling their card, putting the setting to always maximum performance also helps somewhat. Here is a thread from last year July: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/48575/nvidia-display-black-screen-display-driver-crash

and a thread from 2 years ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4jfaay/black_screen_after_login_with_nvidia_cards/

Nothing we can do until someone at Arenanet decides to actually address this issue and implement a fix. I'm not quite sure when the issues started, but this definitely was added some time down the road because I never had these problems after launch.

there are multiple possibilities

but from the symptons, sounds like your graphics driver had crashed and unable to recover.did you do a clean full install? Nvidia driver sometimes plays up when you do update

if was a new driver, could also be the newer driver is having issue with your hardware/system configurations?try an older driver that you were on previously and was working

other possibilities include your power supply is dying? it's having trouble drawing the necessary power to run GW2i had this happened to me, and apparently, it was a danger signal that i ignoredwhen the psu finally gave up and burnt a connector, it also fried my motherboard; but luckily the rest of the components in the PC survived.

or it could be the GPU is playing upmy old 980Ti was contently rebooting my PC after few minutes in game, when put on my other PC it black screens, so symptoms may vary base on your hardwarei eventually sent it back for RMA, the shop said they couldnt replicate the issue, so i sent them the video i took, and they gave me a 1080 as a replacement

Archived