U.S. based players in European servers: any ping/latency issues?

greenlights.7960

I had made a EU f2p to test it myself. I played to around rank 40 or something like that, so quite a bit of test play time went into it.

On NA my ping usually reads around 80-90ish average ping, sometimes goes as low as 70, sometimes tips around 120 if heavy player populated areas. Now the strange thing is that on EU it says I'm getting like 150-250 average ping but the EU server runs smoother for me. Not sure how that works but there is a distinct difference in the fact that EU servers are just smoother and seem to have much less choppy lag. I remember hearing that NA servers switched to Amazon servers, whilst EU remained an original server? Not sure if this is entirely true or not, but it may explain what I was experiencing.

50->130 ping (na vs eu) Virginia. Biggest frustration is the stability of the connection. Latency wise I can't reflex dodge skills I can in NA. I have to play less twitchy and slower.

I'm testing but am undecided on vpns for na->eu. Ideally a vpn would route traffic through the Virginia Beach to Spain cable, but I'm not sure if any specifically do.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:San Diego, California here. I pay extra for a good internet connection.

I tried playing on an EU Server just the other day with terrible latency.

love san diego, but kitten internet. Lived in PB for several years with all the services at the time (com, attt)....slow pingy dingy

That sucks. I've always had pretty good internet in the mira mesa area. PB is a nice place for other reasons tho :-)

Archived